iniDB database exploits?

iniDB database exploits?

« posted: Sep 18, 2014, 07:42 PM »
I've had a lot of players recently tell me that their base parts and crates have been despawned even if they just saved them. I just looked at the object database and there's only 50 items when there was almost 400 several days ago. Object save is set to 5 days but I only found one object over 90 hours. The server had a couple bad script kiddy's on lately when no admins were online to ban them so they kept logging on and causing trouble. Last night was the worst I've seen. They tried to create multiple vehicles but battleye filters prevented that and that's all they caught as well. The A3Wasteland anti hack caught them once as well but I'm not sure because I had -nologs on. After this they "Nuked" the map and the servers fps was stuck at 25 and players at 6 fps. When I finally woke up to some emails from players I was able to restart the server but I had a lot of complaints about people losing their player gear, crates, base parts, and vehicles. I've also had complaints over the last week of people losing their bases.

Are there any plans to use something more stable (and secure?) then iniDB? Also is there any plans to update the anti hack?

Thank you for any support on this matter.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

Re: iniDB database exploits?

« Reply #1 posted: Sep 18, 2014, 07:55 PM »
I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with iniDB. When an object is deleted from the game, it is removed from the saving file, so script kiddies can pretty easily clear the saving file by simply deleting all the objects with a single line of code. There is unfortunately no easy workaround for this.

Re: iniDB database exploits?

« Reply #2 posted: Sep 18, 2014, 08:09 PM »
There is no way to stop this? How would any one run a Arma 3 server with persistence? This stuff must be happening all the time on servers like Asylum Altis Life. This is very disappointing news.