ACRE2

ACRE2

« posted: Jan 29, 2015, 10:34 PM »
I'm trying to get ACRE2 working on my server and looked through my report and the only t hing that I found was this.

12:58:39 "ANTI-HACK - Blocked remote execution: params=["cba_versioning_state",true,true,false] args='if(isServer)exitWith{};if (isNil "CBA_display_ingame_warnings") then { CBA_display_ingame_warnings = true; };;0 = objNull spawn { sleep 1; sleep 1; _func={cba_versioning_mismatch=[format["%2 (%1)",name player, player],_this];publicVariable "cba_versioning_mismatch";_this spawn{_t=format["You are missing the following mod: %1",_this];diag_log text _t;sleep 2;if (CBA_display_ingame_warnings) then {player globalChat _t}}};if !(isClass(configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "cba_main"))exitWith{"cba_main" call _func};};'"
12:58:39 "ANTI-HACK - Blocked remote execution: params=["cba_network_sendPlayerID",true,true,false] args=[]"

When we are in game the radio location is empty, as in no slot.
Talking to Jaynus about it but I'm not sure if anyone has seen this or know if this might be the cause.
We do see it working as direct chat gets quieter as we get farther apart. We just don't see radios or get them added.

Server INFO
A3Wasteland 1.0c
@cba_a3
@acre2
Both show that they load.

Client is running both mods as well.

Re: ACRE2

« Reply #1 posted: Feb 05, 2015, 11:34 PM »
Wouldn't it be a better solution to use Task Force Arrowhead Radio?
  • Offline Simon
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #2 posted: Feb 06, 2015, 02:17 AM »
@Shreeden -
For your missing radio slot:
The missing radio slot is just an ACRE2 thing, that's normal. The Radios just go into a backpack, vest, uniform and are then accessible via normal keybindings.

For the mod/plugin working:
If you are getting the positional audio then the mod an plugin are functioning normally, and you should see a hint in the upper right that says Connected to ACRE (or similar). You can also see this in your TeamSpeak, when you select your name in the channel look on the right in the details section and you should see a "Connected to ACRE: YES", or similar.

For adding radios:
This is where it gets tricky, you will NOT be granted radios right off the bat, you need to add them to the server via the mission file. To do this you will need to de-PBO the mission file and go into a couple sections of the files, depending on how you want the radios added, and add them in manually to things like vehicles and the store.

For Example:
To add to the store open the <missionfolder>\storeConfig.sqf and add in your radios to the end of the "genItemArray" section, like so:

Code: [Select]
genItemArray = compileFinal str
[
["Quadrotor UAV (NATO)", "B_UAV_01_backpack_F", 500, "backpack"],
["Quadrotor UAV (CSAT)", "O_UAV_01_backpack_F", 500, "backpack"],
["Quadrotor UAV (AAF)", "I_UAV_01_backpack_F", 500, "backpack"],
["UAV Terminal (NATO)", "B_UavTerminal", 150, "gps"],
["UAV Terminal (CSAT)", "O_UavTerminal", 150, "gps"],
["UAV Terminal (AAF)", "I_UavTerminal", 150, "gps"],
["GPS", "ItemGPS", 100, "gps"],
["First Aid Kit", "FirstAidKit", 25, "item"],
["Medikit", "Medikit", 150, "item"],
["Toolkit", "ToolKit", 150, "item"],
["Mine Detector", "MineDetector", 100, "item"],
["NV Goggles", "NVGoggles", 100, "nvg"],
["Diving Goggles", "G_Diving", 100, "gogg"],
["Binoculars", "Binocular", 50, "binoc"],
["Rangefinder", "Rangefinder", 150, "binoc"],
["Laser Designator", "Laserdesignator", 1000, "binoc"],
["Chemlight (Blue)", "Chemlight_blue", 25, "mag"],
["Chemlight (Green)", "Chemlight_green", 25, "mag"],
["Chemlight (Yellow)", "Chemlight_yellow", 25, "mag"],
["Chemlight (Red)", "Chemlight_red", 25, "mag"],
["PRC-343 SR Radio", "ACRE_PRC343", 1000, "item"],
["PRC-152 LR Radio", "ACRE_PRC152", 50000, "item"]
];

To add them to Vehicles got to <missionfolder>\server\spawning\randomWeapon.sqf and add them in after the Binoculars, like so:

if (random 1 < 0.45) then { _car addWeaponCargoGlobal ["Binocular", 1]};
if (random 1 < 0.30) then { _car addItemCargoGlobal ["ACRE_PRC343", 1]};
if (random 1 < 0.05) then { _car addItemCargoGlobal ["ACRE_PRC152", 1]};

You can add them is as random loot spawns as well, but I do not recommend this if you are adding them to the vehicles and the store.

Once you have done all this then re-PBO the mission files and load it on your server and launch.
**NOTE: Do NOT pack the mission files from the game editor, bad things can happen. I suggest using PBO Manager as it gives you some nice right-click menu options to quickly unpack and repack PBOs - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369

This should get you going without issue, if you find you're still having issues with the AntiHack let me know and I'll look into it a bit more, but I didn't make any changes to it on my server and everything runs as expected.

Hope this helps!
-Simon

Lastly, @KRDuckey: No, TFR is absolute shit compared to ACRE2 and there is no reason to use it. Ever.

« Reply #3 posted: May 22, 2015, 01:56 AM »
How goes the integration of ACRE2?

« Reply #4 posted: Jul 18, 2016, 05:23 PM »
@Shreeden -
For your missing radio slot:
The missing radio slot is just an ACRE2 thing, that's normal. The Radios just go into a backpack, vest, uniform and are then accessible via normal keybindings.

For the mod/plugin working:
If you are getting the positional audio then the mod an plugin are functioning normally, and you should see a hint in the upper right that says Connected to ACRE (or similar). You can also see this in your TeamSpeak, when you select your name in the channel look on the right in the details section and you should see a "Connected to ACRE: YES", or similar.

For adding radios:
This is where it gets tricky, you will NOT be granted radios right off the bat, you need to add them to the server via the mission file. To do this you will need to de-PBO the mission file and go into a couple sections of the files, depending on how you want the radios added, and add them in manually to things like vehicles and the store.

For Example:
To add to the store open the <missionfolder>\storeConfig.sqf and add in your radios to the end of the "genItemArray" section, like so:

genItemArray = compileFinal str
[
["Quadrotor UAV (NATO)", "B_UAV_01_backpack_F", 500, "backpack"],
["Quadrotor UAV (CSAT)", "O_UAV_01_backpack_F", 500, "backpack"],
["Quadrotor UAV (AAF)", "I_UAV_01_backpack_F", 500, "backpack"],
["UAV Terminal (NATO)", "B_UavTerminal", 150, "gps"],
["UAV Terminal (CSAT)", "O_UavTerminal", 150, "gps"],
["UAV Terminal (AAF)", "I_UavTerminal", 150, "gps"],
["GPS", "ItemGPS", 100, "gps"],
["First Aid Kit", "FirstAidKit", 25, "item"],
["Medikit", "Medikit", 150, "item"],
["Toolkit", "ToolKit", 150, "item"],
["Mine Detector", "MineDetector", 100, "item"],
["NV Goggles", "NVGoggles", 100, "nvg"],
["Diving Goggles", "G_Diving", 100, "gogg"],
["Binoculars", "Binocular", 50, "binoc"],
["Rangefinder", "Rangefinder", 150, "binoc"],
["Laser Designator", "Laserdesignator", 1000, "binoc"],
["Chemlight (Blue)", "Chemlight_blue", 25, "mag"],
["Chemlight (Green)", "Chemlight_green", 25, "mag"],
["Chemlight (Yellow)", "Chemlight_yellow", 25, "mag"],
["Chemlight (Red)", "Chemlight_red", 25, "mag"],
["PRC-343 SR Radio", "ACRE_PRC343", 1000, "item"],
["PRC-152 LR Radio", "ACRE_PRC152", 50000, "item"]
];

To add them to Vehicles got to <missionfolder>\server\spawning\randomWeapon.sqf and add them in after the Binoculars, like so:

if (random 1 < 0.45) then { _car addWeaponCargoGlobal ["Binocular", 1]};
if (random 1 < 0.30) then { _car addItemCargoGlobal ["ACRE_PRC343", 1]};
if (random 1 < 0.05) then { _car addItemCargoGlobal ["ACRE_PRC152", 1]};

You can add them is as random loot spawns as well, but I do not recommend this if you are adding them to the vehicles and the store.

Once you have done all this then re-PBO the mission files and load it on your server and launch.
**NOTE: Do NOT pack the mission files from the game editor, bad things can happen. I suggest using PBO Manager as it gives you some nice right-click menu options to quickly unpack and repack PBOs - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369

This should get you going without issue, if you find you're still having issues with the AntiHack let me know and I'll look into it a bit more, but I didn't make any changes to it on my server and everything runs as expected.

Hope this helps!
-Simon

Lastly, @KRDuckey: No, TFR is absolute shit compared to ACRE2 and there is no reason to use it. Ever.

Hi Simon, thanks for the info, but could you please assist with the rest of the required config to get this going on A3W?

All addons: ACRE2 and CBA is on the server with their respective keys, and when spawning it shows ACRE Connected top right, as well as in TS.

I added the Radios under genitemsarray in the storeConfig.sqf as you pointed out.

My question now is this.

1. Do we need to add the @acre2 to the "addons" on the mission file and include it in the "init.sqf"
2. Do we need to add any other code to "description.ext" or "init.sqf" to add the content?

Regards

SpeedBirdNam

• Offline Simon
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #5 posted: Jul 18, 2016, 06:02 PM »
Hi Simon, thanks for the info, but could you please assist with the rest of the required config to get this going on A3W?

All addons: ACRE2 and CBA is on the server with their respective keys, and when spawning it shows ACRE Connected top right, as well as in TS.

I added the Radios under genitemsarray in the storeConfig.sqf as you pointed out.

My question now is this.

1. Do we need to add the @acre2 to the "addons" on the mission file and include it in the "init.sqf"
2. Do we need to add any other code to "description.ext" or "init.sqf" to add the content?

Regards

SpeedBirdNam

Hey SpeedBridNam,

First off, wow this is an old thread, hope mods don't hate necros, lol.

As to your question, it has been a very long time since I've looked at this (or even touched wasteland) so I can't be 100% on how it's code will interact with ACRE anymore. That being said, you shouldn't need to make any changes to the description.ext or init.sqf to get ACRE to function.

One thing you may need to do with the latest version of ACRE is to put down the "Basic Mission Setup" module in the editor (In the Eden editor it is located under Systems (F5) > ACRE.) and set the "Channels Per Side" and "Babel Language Per Side" options to "Disabled" and "No Babel" respectively. Additionally you can put down the "Difficulty Settings" module and adjust the settings as desired, though I would suggest leaving the "Full-Duplex Transmissions" option disabled.

Aside from adding in radios and the above module options, it's an "out of the box" sort of mod, so it should just work. You can test that the radios are adding by visiting a shop, as well as increasing the spawn chance on vehicles to 0.99 for an almost 100% spawn rate. From here you will want to test the radios, pick one up from a shop or vehicle and hit Caps Lock to talk over it, you should get a beep/tone and see a transmission indicator in the lower right of your screen. You will also see your TeamSpeak transmit light come on, if you have that enabled.

Hope this helps,
Simon

« Reply #6 posted: Jul 18, 2016, 07:01 PM »
One thing you may need to do with the latest version of ACRE is to put down the "Basic Mission Setup" module in the editor (In the Eden editor it is located under Systems (F5) > ACRE.) and set the "Channels Per Side" and "Babel Language Per Side" options to "Disabled" and "No Babel" respectively. Additionally you can put down the "Difficulty Settings" module and adjust the settings as desired, though I would suggest leaving the "Full-Duplex Transmissions" option disabled.

Hope this helps,
Simon

Hi Simon, thank a mil for the quick response.

The above worked like a charm when testing on my local PC.

Now to upload to the server and try it out! And figure out how to make sure we're on the same channel etc, without other guys being able to listen in :-D

« Reply #7 posted: Oct 13, 2016, 03:14 AM »
Im really looking forward to Wasteland servers running the latest version of ACRE2. When I ran ACE3 Wasteland, it had ACRE2 on it and worked like a charm. The stores did not work with it though. The Radios did work. I rather liked the Babel function per side as the voices come it garbled if it is another faction and you can decrypt it by capturing one of their radios.