Adding banks broke player saving. Please help

Adding banks broke player saving. Please help

« posted: Feb 04, 2015, 04:30 PM »
Ok, so i added banks onto my server but now player stats and locations do not save when they rejoin. any idea why this is happening? please help
  • Offline JoSchaap
  • Developer
  • Mercenary
  • Had a life.. Got a modem.. (~1996)

Re: Adding banks broke player saving. Please help

« Reply #1 posted: Feb 04, 2015, 04:43 PM »
check both client and server rpt logs for errors first

« Reply #2 posted: Feb 04, 2015, 04:53 PM »
check both client and server rpt logs for errors first

Ok, so here are the RTP logs... im not sure what to even look for, Thansk for your help

http://pastebin.com/u7RnSNPw
  • Offline lodac
  • Hardened
  • TOP Arma Server Admin

« Reply #3 posted: Feb 04, 2015, 05:31 PM »
Do you have ini files with player uids in your \desktop\arma 3\db folder?

TOPArma Mission - Share your mission on GitHub

« Reply #4 posted: Feb 04, 2015, 05:33 PM »
Sounds like you're just getting started with running your own server.  My advice is to get updated to the latest release, and follow all of the install steps. Currently you're missing the external config folder, which may or may not break something. What that tells me though, is that the install instructions were not followed 100%, which probably means there's a goof elsewhere as well.  The vanilla release has working ATMs and player/vehicle saving. Get that working first, then see about any other additions you want to make.

Also, pull the mission files from the github Development_main branch, and not from the release files repo.  The inidb and extdb files, as well as the external config folder, can be pulled from there (release files repo).

« Reply #5 posted: Feb 04, 2015, 07:05 PM »
Sounds like you're just getting started with running your own server.  My advice is to get updated to the latest release, and follow all of the install steps. Currently you're missing the external config folder, which may or may not break something. What that tells me though, is that the install instructions were not followed 100%, which probably means there's a goof elsewhere as well.  The vanilla release has working ATMs and player/vehicle saving. Get that working first, then see about any other additions you want to make.

Also, pull the mission files from the github Development_main branch, and not from the release files repo.  The inidb and extdb files, as well as the external config folder, can be pulled from there (release files repo).

Is there a way i can update without loosing all the modifications i have done so far? (examples: Changing store prices, editing strigable, and genrally changing things around in the PBO)

« Reply #6 posted: Feb 04, 2015, 07:06 PM »
Do you have ini files with player uids in your \desktop\arma 3\db folder?

Yes, player stats have been working just seem to not work once i install the ATM's Mod
  • Offline lodac
  • Hardened
  • TOP Arma Server Admin

« Reply #7 posted: Feb 04, 2015, 07:09 PM »
Yes, player stats have been working just seem to not work once i install the ATM's Mod

google git and teach yourself how to use it, like many of us have...

TOPArma Mission - Share your mission on GitHub

« Reply #8 posted: Feb 04, 2015, 07:17 PM »
google git and teach yourself how to use it, like many of us have...

....thanks for your advise, but INIDB has been working since my server had been set up. I have re-added the ATM mod severall times now but for some reason player stats do not save.
  • Offline JoSchaap
  • Developer
  • Mercenary

« Reply #9 posted: Feb 04, 2015, 07:23 PM »
you dont need the atm mod. since v1.1 atm's are optional in the base misison itself..

« Reply #10 posted: Feb 04, 2015, 07:44 PM »
you dont need the atm mod. since v1.1 atm's are optional in the base misison itself..
And how do i activate it?
  • Offline JoSchaap
  • Developer
  • Mercenary

« Reply #12 posted: Feb 05, 2015, 12:46 AM »
it's on by default in the v1.1 config :)

https://github.com/A3Wasteland/Release_Files/blob/master/A3Wasteland_settings/main_config.sqf#L30-L37

ok... so where can i download that version of the mission? i dont seem to have a main_config in my PBO
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

« Reply #13 posted: Feb 05, 2015, 10:32 AM »
ok... so where can i download that version of the mission? i dont seem to have a main_config in my PBO
The main config is not in your PBO. there is a default config in /server. The main config is in the A3Wasteland settings pack: https://github.com/A3Wasteland/Release_Files/raw/master/A3W_config.zip