Scheduled server restart

Scheduled server restart

« posted: Jan 19, 2014, 11:47 PM »
Not sure how is with ArmA3 but in ArmA2 when we hosted dayz server it needed to be restarted every 2 to 3h as it stopped spawning object and as well server FPS became really low.

I run the latest stratis map for 8h and did not notice any real problems, max players on server were only around 12, 13.
  • Offline bodybag
  • Hardened
  • Gameaholic.se

Re: Scheduled server restart

« Reply #1 posted: Jan 20, 2014, 03:43 PM »
Restarting our server once a week  :o

« Reply #2 posted: May 04, 2014, 03:09 PM »
We reboot the server on our Stratis every 6 hours for maintenance and performance boost (Server side and maintenance for map editing etc)

« Reply #3 posted: May 04, 2014, 06:07 PM »
the most servers for wasteland i actually play on do 2 server restarts a day.
if you just have like 15 players alltime it wont need to be that often i think but if you have a growing playerbase 2 times a day would be ok i think for a nonstop 60 player server.

« Reply #4 posted: May 17, 2014, 05:51 PM »
If you search a tool then lokk @ http://ibattle.org/ (BEC).
Hope you like it.  ;)
  • Offline Ness
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #5 posted: Sep 06, 2014, 12:10 AM »
Hey I need help.. I have installed the BEC and I believe I have set it up.. but it says BEconfig not found.. anyone know what's wrong? I have team viewer if that makes things easier..
  • Offline Jumbo
  • First Blood

« Reply #6 posted: Sep 16, 2014, 11:55 AM »
You should try and get it working yourself in case it breaks in future. If it cannot find BEconfig then you need to point it at your battleye folder by setting in your config.cfg:

BePath = (path to your Arma 3 Server folder)\profiles\BattlEye

or if you don't use -profiles in your server arguments use:

BePath = (path to your Arma 3 Server folder)\battlEye

Don't use quotes around the path.

there should be a text file in that battleye folder called BEServer.cfg. This is a text file which contains your rcon password so BEC can login to your server. The most basic will just have one line like this:
RConPassword xxxxxxxxxx
replace the x's with your password.

Also, there should be BEServer.dll. For BEC to work, you also need to create a file in that folder called Bans.txt (to store a list of banned clients).

For wasteland you should be putting the battleye filter txt files into that battleye folder too.