Vehicle mods kicking people without mods?

• Offline spec0ps
  • Geared Up
  • theagc.com.au

Vehicle mods kicking people without mods?

« posted: Feb 24, 2015, 12:25 PM »
Hi all I have added NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz Vehicles pack to my server and it keeps kicking whomever doesn't have the mod. I have tried looking around in the antihack section and searched everything i can think of on google and in this forum but i cant seem to find anything to rectify it.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

And yes they spawn in and everything works fine for those who have the mods etc.
  • Offline CREAMPIE
  • Armaholic
  • Veteran
  • ^_^;;

Re: Vehicle mods kicking people without mods?

« Reply #1 posted: Feb 24, 2015, 12:58 PM »
Okay - this is not recommended in way under usual circumstances - however ...

One of 2 things here - you weren't very clear ...

First possibility:

You need to edit your mission.sqm ( make a backup first ) file with something like notepad++.

Then at the top there are 2 sections addOns[]= and addOnsAuto[]=.

You need to remove any reference to the mod from these 2 arrays. Basically what happens is that when a user connects , the client is checked against the required addons for the server , if they don't have it , they get kicked straight away without error.

Second Possibility:

You've added the NATO SF Vehicle server key to your server - players who do not have the mod won't get kicked unless they are using the wrong version of the mod ( or any unsupported mods by your server ).

Remember , if you are using verifySignatures=2; in your server.cfg , only SIGNED addons will be allowed on your server ( addons you've added keys for ).

Just ensure they are all on the correct version of the mod IF they have a @masveh mod enabled. Else goto 1.

Hope this helps ;) lemme know.

- from the grassy knoll -
  • Offline spec0ps
  • Geared Up
  • theagc.com.au

« Reply #2 posted: Feb 24, 2015, 01:50 PM »
Thanks for the response,

I haven't edited mission to include the mods

I am running a dedicated server with the mods enabled on startup via command line paramater. The kick msg isn't the usual kick message it is the username I have set for the server (a3wasteland).

The kick message for anyone not running the mod is a3wasteland kicked (player).

I have tried changing the name and it displays a different message, this is why I was assuming it was the antihack.

What will verifysignatures=1 do? I already tried equalmods=0 and it didn't help.

PS I forgot to add it waits roughly 5 mins before kicking them every time. And I have the mod running server side as in (-mod=@mas) because when I didn't it wouldn't spawn the vehicles it would throw an error.

Thanks again!

• Offline CREAMPIE
  • Armaholic
  • Veteran
  • ^_^;;

« Reply #3 posted: Feb 24, 2015, 02:12 PM »
verifysignatures=1; is deprecated , use =2;

Also don't use equalmods=0;

Arma 3 Server.cfg

Are the players being kicked with a signature timeout message ? If that's the case ,they are running an outdated version of the mod ( or other version to what was signed )

• Offline spec0ps
  • Geared Up
  • theagc.com.au

« Reply #4 posted: Feb 24, 2015, 04:00 PM »
Nope the exact message is

a3wasteland: player (name) kicked off

And the rpt file has nothing written in it :(

It wont kick anyone who is an admin and the players screen doesn't even display the same message just says the normal you were kicked.

Is there somewhere to white list mods like on altis life or epoch? I searched cfgpatches but didn't find anything. If i were to set verifysignatures to 0 what risk would that put me in? I have tried removing all the battleye filters and that didn't help either. I really think it's something to do with the antihack just not sure what maybe AgentRev could shine some light on the issue?

Again thanks heaps for your help!
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

« Reply #5 posted: Feb 24, 2015, 04:04 PM »
If you use mods on your server (use the startup parameter -mods on your server) ten ALL clients need to have the same mods as you specify. If you only copy the bikeys to the keys folder and dont use the startup parameter then anyone can join.
  • Offline CREAMPIE
  • Armaholic
  • Veteran
  • ^_^;;

« Reply #6 posted: Feb 24, 2015, 04:06 PM »
Nope just says a3wasteland kicked player and rpt file has nothing :(

It wont kick anyone who is an admin and the players screen doesn't even display the same message just says you have been kicked with no reason

Is there somewhere to white list mods like on altis life or epoch? I searched cfgpatches but didn't find anything. If i were to set verifysignatures to 0 what risk would that put me in? I have tried removing all the battleye filters and that didn't help either.

Anyone with any mod can connect to your server if you disable it - I wouldn't recommend this at all.

If it were a BE filter you'd see there freshly created log file with the issue. This looks like a compatibility issue with the key you have put on the server, and the clients connecting.

You whitelist mods by adding the server keys for only the mods you want to allow clients to connect with and enabling verifySignatures=2;

• Offline spec0ps
  • Geared Up
  • theagc.com.au

« Reply #7 posted: Feb 24, 2015, 04:22 PM »
Edited my post without realizing there was already replies ^^^

So I have the keys there but when I had just keys the weapon mod wouldn't save to the database and there was an error every time someone tried to spawn a vehicle.

Is there no way around it my regular players really enjoy the vehicle mods but anyone who joins without them never comes back after being kicked.