Lockable vehicles: Lose vehicle owner after an emergency exit.

• Offline Blade
  • Fresh Spawn
Not sure if it is part of the new server update or an addons so my apology if I am asking at the wrong place.

Problem: After landing, I did an emergency eject (faster way to get out) while the vehicle was locked. I am now trying to unlock it and can't get the option in the scrolling menu. General store doesn't provide a lockpick either. Is it a code problems or the server did not configure the option right?

• Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

Re: Lockable vehicles: Lose vehicle owner after an emergency exit.

« Reply #1 posted: Feb 26, 2015, 03:49 PM »
Not sure if it is part of the new server update or an addons so my apology if I am asking at the wrong place.

Problem: After landing, I did an emergency eject (faster way to get out) while the vehicle was locked. I am now trying to unlock it and can't get the option in the scrolling menu. General store doesn't provide a lockpick either. Is it a code problems or the server did not configure the option right?
This is probably because the server you play on does not have a lockpick script. When you lock a non owned (spawned) vehicle from the inside and do an emergency eject there will be no unlock option because the vehicle has no owner.
On my server we have a lockpick script.
  • Offline Blade
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #2 posted: Feb 26, 2015, 04:11 PM »
thank you sir.

« Reply #3 posted: Feb 27, 2015, 12:37 PM »
Without looking at the script that handles "emergency eject" i guess its possible to set the vehicles lock to unlocked at the same time, did the same which was rather annoying getting stranded in the middle of nowhere =).

« Reply #4 posted: Feb 27, 2015, 10:57 PM »
Is there a command i can add into the forceeject.sqf to refer to the va_functions.sqf to the part to activate the unlock action?

« Reply #5 posted: Mar 02, 2015, 05:33 PM »
Also, Can you give a link to provide lockpicks? I don't think we even got the lockpicking script in yet in our server.