Apoc's Airdrop Assistance - v1.4 Release

Re: Apoc's Airdrop Assistance - v1 Release

« Reply #30 posted: Apr 21, 2015, 06:18 AM »
Hum very nice indeed osu_apoc, how the impact on server performance with this ?

I think ill do a test drive of this but with very limited airdrops, i dont want to promote laziness on my server :P

Thanks!
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

« Reply #31 posted: Apr 21, 2015, 09:38 AM »
I like the airdrop idea but it kinda takes the fun out imho. Maybe you shouldnt add the action to the player but to all the telephone boxes in cities. This way you will have to go to a specific place to call in an airdrop. Or make an extremely rare item which you can find?
  • Offline CREAMPIE
  • Armaholic
  • Veteran
  • ^_^;;

« Reply #32 posted: Apr 21, 2015, 09:55 AM »
I like the airdrop idea but it kinda takes the fun out imho. Maybe you shouldnt add the action to the player but to all the telephone boxes in cities. This way you will have to go to a specific place to call in an airdrop. Or make an extremely rare item which you can find?

This is a money burner ... also in most combat situations , you will find that the aidrop can be countered very quickly as you can hear the huron coming in and see the airdrop - so you can quickly counter a bad drop.

Too many players sitting with millions in the bank and no way to spend it :) my airdrop prices as usually 2 x that of the vehicle store ...

- from the grassy knoll -
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

« Reply #33 posted: Apr 21, 2015, 10:23 AM »
Players having millions of money and no way to spend it is a problem on my server too. I have set the max bank amount to 3 million. We have players hoard boxes full of cash haha.
I'll consult my admins if this is something we should implement.

« Reply #34 posted: Apr 21, 2015, 04:00 PM »
I think the best way to handle this is to limit the types of vehicles you allow dropped, to prevent making that aspect too easy.  Also make their cost exorbitantly high (4x).  Do the same for the supply drops.  I need to tweak prices, but I intend for them to be expensive enough where only squads would really consider them economical options in dire circumstances.

The other balancing factor is to extend the cool down timer.  You could make it so a player could only call it once an hour.  Making it a more difficult decision as to when a proper time to burn that call is.

I was thinking of tying it to carrying a specific item that could be purchased, like a sat phone, but opted for more general use at first.

Could also make the heli damageable, which would heighten the risk of calling a drop near a fight.

• Offline bolox
  • Mercenary

« Reply #35 posted: Apr 21, 2015, 09:05 PM »
heres my rpt file.
There are errors for other scripts,which i know about that i need to clean up
Our 250 popular player rust server 1rule- Dont be a dick
www.nomercykillers.com

« Reply #36 posted: Apr 21, 2015, 09:43 PM »
Players having millions of money and no way to spend it is a problem on my server too. I have set the max bank amount to 3 million. We have players hoard boxes full of cash haha.
I'll consult my admins if this is something we should implement.

same problem here, i have players that logout with millions on pocket then when they login they hide them in boxes before going to fight, and they return them back to pocket to logoff lool

i was planning to increase my limit to 5 millions but in settings says 1 million (dont know if it causes any problems raise it to much)

I liked your idea from calling airdrops from the city, but stratis has so less citys, i was think if its possible to enable airdrops only if you have a phone in your inventory, and people spawn without a phone, buy a phone on general store and be able to call airdrops..
  • Offline bolox
  • Mercenary

« Reply #37 posted: Apr 21, 2015, 10:25 PM »
I dont know what happend,but when i used creampies status bar update,The airdrops are working.. weird!.not sure and i doubt it has anyting to do with it.
Oh well if it works it works i guess!
Our 250 popular player rust server 1rule- Dont be a dick
www.nomercykillers.com
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

« Reply #38 posted: Apr 21, 2015, 10:59 PM »
haha tried to use setSlingLoad instead of attachTo but the tank was too heavy :(

« Reply #39 posted: Apr 22, 2015, 12:59 AM »
Even the strider is too heavy for that business!  I was playing around with that last night to see what is possible.

When I next chunk into the code I'll likely switch it to sling load, but do some mass magic to make vehicles light enough to be hauled, as I think the attachTo looks too hokey.

« Reply #40 posted: Apr 22, 2015, 02:42 AM »
Osu please check the page 2, i need a help for a very weird bug ><

« Reply #41 posted: Apr 22, 2015, 05:17 AM »
Osu please check the page 2, i need a help for a very weird bug ><

Please attach your server.rpt from the \wasteland folder so I can see what the server is choking on.  If I had to guess, there's a bad classname somewhere.

« Reply #42 posted: Apr 22, 2015, 06:02 AM »
Im not sure where i can find this file, so im sending my map already with the airdrop and everything that i have changed, so if you find it, please tell me where i did the mistake so i will not make this mistake again, and thx again for you help man :)

« Reply #43 posted: Apr 22, 2015, 06:10 AM »
In the root directory of your game install, on the server, there will be a wasteland folder.  The file I need is not in your mission file.

Search the directory for arma3server_ and you should see some files with a .rpt file extension.  Upload the newest of those files.

Unfortunately I do not have the time to go through all of your mission to find out what other script could be bugging out the airdrop for you.  The .rpt is #1 the best way to debug script errors or misbehavior.

« Reply #44 posted: Apr 22, 2015, 06:15 AM »
ok im not sure if it is what you looking for but i have some server.rpt for you, but i dont think that the server.rpt that we need will be on this servers.rpt since im not loading this "test map" for the people, im using the multiplayer/new game inside of arma for testing before i release the map, but i hope it helps