Editing mission & spawn vehicles to my choice

• Offline pippen
  • Wasteland Warrior
  • First Blood

Editing mission & spawn vehicles to my choice

« posted: Mar 03, 2014, 01:41 AM »
Hi, I've a background coming from hosting half-life & mod servers so I'm still learning SQF and its flow and such.

I'm trying to remove the spawning helis from all over the map and only have 1 un-armed hellcat spawn at the main airport without fuel. I've edited staticHeliSpawn.sqf and have had no success, if someone could point me to a section of the code to remove and replace with other code I would be most thankful!!

The other thing is I was trying to edit the mission vehicles and was editing server/missions/mainmissions/mission_LightTank.sqf and I noticed it seems to have ArmA 2 vehicles referenced in line 30 Why are they there?
Code: [Select]
_vehicleClass = ["T34","T55_TK_GUE_EP1","BMP3","M1128_MGS_EP1"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

//Vehicle Class, Posistion, Fuel, Ammo, Damage
_vehicle = [_vehicleClass,_randomPos,0,1,0.50,"NONE"] call createMissionVehicle;

Do the vehicles I add (the new ones) have to be put in a list somewhere like mission.sqm file I see?
Sorry for the newbish questions.

Thanks for any response and help guys!
  • Offline Jumbo
  • First Blood

Re: Editing mission & spawn vehicles to my choice

« Reply #1 posted: Mar 03, 2014, 10:28 AM »
Just a tinkerer like yourself here so I can't help much but the light tank mission isn't listed in /server/missions/mainMissionController.sqf (or any MissionController.sqf either) so I assume it's not used. These missioncontrollers are executed from /server/init.sqf and you can see there that not all missioncontrollers are used either (at least in stratis)
  • Offline pippen
  • Wasteland Warrior
  • First Blood

« Reply #2 posted: Mar 03, 2014, 11:11 AM »
Just a tinkerer like yourself here so I can't help much but the light tank mission isn't listed in /server/missions/mainMissionController.sqf (or any MissionController.sqf either) so I assume it's not used. These missioncontrollers are executed from /server/init.sqf and you can see there that not all missioncontrollers are used either (at least in stratis)
Oh yes I see it is not listed in mainMissionController.sqf, good looking there Jumbo thanks, perhaps its leftovers they left in :)

I edited the MBT mission and added the Kuma tank, I was not sure but I added its class name to mission.sqm (in root dir of pbo) and now it gives me this in the server after I start it and try to join:
23:37:47 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.B_MBT_01_arty_F, I_MBT_03_cannon_F
23:37:47 Mission A3Wasteland Altis v0.9f read from bank.
23:37:47 Missing addons detected:
23:37:47   B_MBT_01_arty_F
23:37:47   I_MBT_03_cannon_F
I saw other vehicle class names in mission.sqm file so I added the Kuma there...I'm just trying trial and error for the most part until I get a hang of it.
  • Offline Jumbo
  • First Blood

« Reply #3 posted: Mar 03, 2014, 11:57 AM »
I don't think you need to add them to the mission.sqm but I do understand your logic even if it didn't work :)

when adding stuff like this you should just search the a3wasteland repo for an existing item like this for example:

https://github.com/A3Wasteland/ArmA3_Wasteland.Stratis/search?q=O_MBT_02_cannon_F&ref=cmdform

Or use the "find in files" feature of notepad++ and then copy the method used by the mission authors
  • Offline pippen
  • Wasteland Warrior
  • First Blood

« Reply #4 posted: Mar 04, 2014, 05:12 AM »
Thanks that link helped ALOT actually, I got the HellCat to spawn only 1 in random locations across map so players cant just rush to airport to get a easy heli at map start. Got the tanks added in after I removed them from mission.sqm file. Well I hav'nt seen them work in the MBT mission...guess I could remove the others so only the new one spawns for that mission  :)

Now I noticed my vehicles have stopped spawning completely except helis and boats....it even says in terminal that they spawn yet they don't....
22:51:29 "WASTELAND - Vehicle spawning completed - 414 Vehicles Spawned on Altis"

And the number changes when I edit how many spawn per size of town. I'm stumped at this one...guess I will compare entire files for any un-wanted/accidental changes.  :-[ :-X :-\
  • Offline JoSchaap
  • Developer
  • Mercenary
  • Had a life.. Got a modem.. (~1996)

« Reply #5 posted: Mar 04, 2014, 04:50 PM »
are there any errors in the RPT's?

if youre running the performance binaries you might have to (temporarily) revert to the original to enable errorlogging
  • Offline pippen
  • Wasteland Warrior
  • First Blood

« Reply #6 posted: Mar 04, 2014, 08:24 PM »
are there any errors in the RPT's?

if youre running the performance binaries you might have to (temporarily) revert to the original to enable errorlogging

I'm on Linux and I can not find any *.RPT files anywhere on the entire server. I've been waiting in the IRC channel for Dwarden to ask him whats up with the rpt logs.....

I fixed the vehicles not spawning...just took my edits to the mission and copied them over to a new un-edited file (probably some mistake somewhere I made poking around...)