extDB and 2 servers

• Offline Jes
  • First Blood

extDB and 2 servers

« posted: May 18, 2015, 05:07 PM »
Im unsure how to setup 2 servers to use extDB. Have tried to search for help about this, but with no luck. Hope to get some info here. :)

For now Im using extDB on server #1 and iniDB on server #2
But how do I setup both running extDB?
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

Re: extDB and 2 servers

« Reply #1 posted: May 18, 2015, 05:16 PM »
But how do I setup both running extDB?

Well, configure extDB on your 2nd server like you did on your first one, and change A3W_extDB_ServerID to 2.
  • Offline Jes
  • First Blood

« Reply #2 posted: May 18, 2015, 07:30 PM »
Well, configure extDB on your 2nd server like you did on your first one, and change A3W_extDB_ServerID to 2.

Exactly, what I have tried in the first place. But I get data from the other server with these settings.

I have changed these settings on server #2

A3W_savingMethod = "extDB";     
A3W_extDB_ServerID = 2;           

Im supposed to use the same .sql database, right ?
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #3 posted: May 18, 2015, 07:42 PM »
Could you please clarify "I get data from the other server"? What are your expectations?
  • Offline Jes
  • First Blood

« Reply #4 posted: May 18, 2015, 07:57 PM »
Could you please clarify "I get data from the other server"? What are your expectations?

The first thing I saw, was my ATM money from server #1 appearing on server #2

My expectations is: Running 2 wasteland servers on the same dedicated server and have both of them using extDB instead of as now, 1 using extDB and the other iniDB.
I was thinking the SQL server could handle 2 servers with no problems as long as setting different ServerID.
Another thing Im unsure of is: Am I supposed to use the same database or create new one in the sql server?
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #5 posted: May 18, 2015, 09:51 PM »
Yes, ATM money is shared across servers that use the same database, which means your setup is working. It's the only value that gets shared; inventory, location, vehicles and objects are stored separately according to server & map ID.
  • Offline Jes
  • First Blood

« Reply #6 posted: May 18, 2015, 10:02 PM »
Yes, ATM money is shared across servers that use the same database, which means your setup is working. It's the only value that gets shared; inventory, location, vehicles, and objects are stored separately according to server & map ID.

Ok, that explains it. :)
If I want to seperate the money, then the only way is to create another database and connect to that one or ?
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #7 posted: May 18, 2015, 10:04 PM »
Yes, there is no way to disable ATM sharing except by using differently-named databases (schemas).
  • Offline Jes
  • First Blood

« Reply #8 posted: May 18, 2015, 11:45 PM »
Yes, there is no way to disable ATM sharing except by using differently-named databases (schemas).

Ok, thx for helping me out Rev :)
I´ll try adding another database.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #9 posted: May 19, 2015, 04:55 PM »
Just a little correction to what I said above, player inventory and location ARE shared across multiple servers, if they run the same map and are connected to the same database.
  • Offline Jes
  • First Blood

« Reply #10 posted: May 19, 2015, 10:25 PM »
Just a little correction to what I said above, player inventory and location ARE shared across multiple servers, if they run the same map and are connected to the same database.

Thanks for this info Rev :)