Anyone know where i can get new missions?

Anyone know where i can get new missions?

« posted: May 23, 2015, 01:44 AM »
Does anyone know where i can get more missions to add to my wasteland stratis server?

Re: Anyone know where i can get new missions?

« Reply #1 posted: May 23, 2015, 07:46 AM »
search for extra missions you will find a lot of topics talking about

« Reply #2 posted: May 23, 2015, 12:50 PM »
search for extra missions you will find a lot of topics talking about

All i can find is people talking about how to add them and not where to get them. Most of the mission links are broken.
  • Offline CREAMPIE
  • Armaholic
  • Veteran
  • ^_^;;

« Reply #3 posted: May 23, 2015, 04:51 PM »
Knock yourself out ;)

https://github.com/CRE4MPIE/ArmA3_Wasteland_1.1d.Stratis

Requires some changes to work with vanilla ;)

Hostile Jet
Abanonded Jet
Sniper Overwatch
Geocache
Hack Laptop ( Steals money from enemy players bank accounts )
Aircraft Wreck ( enabled  )
Roadblocks

- from the grassy knoll -

« Reply #4 posted: May 23, 2015, 05:00 PM »
Knock yourself out ;)

https://github.com/CRE4MPIE/ArmA3_Wasteland_1.1d.Stratis

Requires some changes to work with vanilla ;)

Hostile Jet
Abanonded Jet
Sniper Overwatch
Geocache
Hack Laptop ( Steals money from enemy players bank accounts )
Aircraft Wreck ( enabled  )
Roadblocks

Thanks mate! What folders in the addons folder are missions?
  • Offline CREAMPIE
  • Armaholic
  • Veteran
  • ^_^;;

« Reply #5 posted: May 23, 2015, 05:15 PM »
Thanks mate! What folders in the addons folder are missions?

I am guessing you a new to A3W / Arma scripting :P have a look around

https://github.com/CRE4MPIE/ArmA3_Wasteland_1.1d.Stratis/tree/master/server/missions

« Reply #6 posted: May 23, 2015, 07:20 PM »
anyone have a invasion mission? Like where you repel an AI force.

« Reply #7 posted: May 23, 2015, 10:07 PM »
anyone have a invasion mission? Like where you repel an AI force.

I've thought about writing up a little diddy to have players defend the capture points from an AI-counter attack force.  Might be fairly easy to do.

Otherwise, I'd take a look for the town invasion mission.  Not quite what you're looking for, but could be done.

You could write a something akin to what you're asking for by using a convoy mission as a template, and having the waypoints reach into a city from somewhere outside of it.  Do multiple start points with multiple groups, then you could have a force converging on a city.  From the convoy template you could have a fail condition if they reach the center of town (last waypoint).  That's probably your best bet to create a mission of the type you're looking for.

« Reply #8 posted: May 24, 2015, 12:37 AM »

I am guessing you a new to A3W / Arma scripting :P have a look around

https://github.com/CRE4MPIE/ArmA3_Wasteland_1.1d.Stratis/tree/master/server/missions

I copied your whole mission folder and replaced it with mine. Is there anything else i need to change outside the mission folder? i ask this because all the missions are coming up as complete straight after they are announced.

« Reply #9 posted: May 24, 2015, 12:31 PM »
I've thought about writing up a little diddy to have players defend the capture points from an AI-counter attack force.  Might be fairly easy to do.

Otherwise, I'd take a look for the town invasion mission.  Not quite what you're looking for, but could be done.

You could write a something akin to what you're asking for by using a convoy mission as a template, and having the waypoints reach into a city from somewhere outside of it.  Do multiple start points with multiple groups, then you could have a force converging on a city.  From the convoy template you could have a fail condition if they reach the center of town (last waypoint).  That's probably your best bet to create a mission of the type you're looking for.

Would you know why the missions are coming up as complete as soon as they are announced? I added the laptop addon and that made the hack mission work, but the others don't work.

I've also just noticed that none of the old missions ever show up, only the broken new ones.

« Reply #10 posted: May 27, 2015, 03:52 AM »
Would you know why the missions are coming up as complete as soon as they are announced? I added the laptop addon and that made the hack mission work, but the others don't work.

I've also just noticed that none of the old missions ever show up, only the broken new ones.

Sounds like you've gotten something fairly mixed up.  I'd pull a vanilla mission folder and start messing with mission files from scratch again.

If the mission is completing instantly, the AI are dying as soon as they spawn.  So they could have bad coordinates for spawn points where they are spawning in the water, or something to that effect.
  • Offline CREAMPIE
  • Armaholic
  • Veteran
  • ^_^;;

« Reply #11 posted: May 27, 2015, 07:22 AM »

There could be a few reasons for this that can easily be debugged by looking at your rpt live viewer if you're testing with TADST - My first thought is since I use an NPC randomized with my missions you'd need to make sure all the NPC groups are defined in your servervars.sqf else way mission spawns and completes as it assumes all NPC's are dead since none spawned.

all my missions are weighed equally except for hostile jet / chopper and diver / treasure - since I want those to spawn less frequently .

« Reply #12 posted: May 27, 2015, 10:48 PM »
ok, so this will be a dumb question... but we are on 1.1d?... where is the GIT for that... and what is diff from 1.1b/c... Thanks!
Morgue!
  • Offline Mokey
  • Fractured Wasteland
  • Elite
  • Https://Fractured-Gaming.com

« Reply #13 posted: May 28, 2015, 06:15 AM »
I'm on 1.1b are you asking about missions on the server or the missionfile.pbo its self?

Here is the vanilla newest version from rev.
https://github.com/A3Wasteland/Release_Files

If you're wanting custom missions take a look at the githubs floating around

Here is my github:
https://github.com/Fractured-Gaming/frac_v1.1b.stratis

It is a stratis map, but almost everything can be ported to altis in The exact same manner.  :)

Version C and D are Creampie's versions I believe.
Posts once, edits post 40 times in 60 seconds. STUPID FAT FINGERS!
  • Offline CREAMPIE
  • Armaholic
  • Veteran
  • ^_^;;

« Reply #14 posted: May 28, 2015, 08:12 AM »
I'm on 1.1b are you asking about missions on the server or the missionfile.pbo its self?

Here is the vanilla newest version from rev.
https://github.com/A3Wasteland/Release_Files

If you're wanting custom missions take a look at the githubs floating around

Here is my github:
https://github.com/Fractured-Gaming/frac_v1.1b.stratis

It is a stratis map, but almost everything can be ported to altis in The exact same manner.  :)

Version C and D are Creampie's versions I believe.

Correct Sir!

I usually change versions up when I've added something major to the mission file. 1.1e will be coming out soon once I'v completed testing.

R3F 3.1 Fully intergrated - Thanks LouD
Vehicle Starting / Locking on Purchase - Thanks LouD
Spawn Beacon Detector - No sure ^^
More areas of the map redone with GiD Positioning System
and the BEST part .... Randomized Weighted T...... - well I can't give spoilers on everything ;)

But you get the general idea ;)