Player feedback

Player feedback

« posted: Apr 06, 2014, 09:38 PM »
Here is some of the players wishes lately (2014-04-18). Ill modify this post so i don't start to many.

*   Vehicles, possibility to save them and lock them with the possibility to hack or pick the locks. I think that today's settable timer is quite good but i would like the timer to reset after use of the vehicle.

*   Vehicles, ability to sell vehicle, sell contents, repair and rearm vehicle at a store.

*   Vehicles, rearming kits, like the repair kit and jerrycan, maybe with some kind of possibility to take ammo from other vehicles fill up you ammo crate and rearm another vehicle.

*   Base building, some kind of maintenance scheme. I believe a "plot pole" would be a good way to go, this way player bases wont simply be gone one day and the players have some control over their persistence and i think that this should add a on/off switch for a "no build zone". i also think mines placed in this area should save.

*   Radar or intrusion detection for bases or maybe forward bases. I think this could be a vehicle, a big slow one that maybe could act as a spawn beacon too.

*   Hack tool or universal tool (expensive), for unlocking things like vehicles, storage among other things (maybe warchest hacking) and maybe set ownership for vehicles, the latter would require a high priced charge.

*   ATM, im not sure about this one but players quite often ask if they can store their money at a bank or something. There are ATMs in the villages maybe they can be used? A solution could be using a "plot pole" with a small radius where you could place a cashbox or safe making the need for maintenance or maybe you should only bea able to place these at your bases., this so we don't have abandoned stuff all over. And it should be hackable/stealable just as the warchest =).

I modified some of the files so now vehicles and their cargo save if there is a owner set to it, i would like to have the damage and ammo state to save (now they are as new when the server restarts) to and also have the vehicle to be lockable.
I also modded a reloadscript to at certain "service pads" the can pay a little extra if the want to keep a mission vehicle(actually any vehicle) or set them self as a owner to a stolen vehicle and the players seem to like this very much.

I did a variant of the reloadscript that sells the vehicle but for much less that the bought value, this is also a much appreciated feature. But both these are at triggered areas and that work but it uses a message system that sometimes shows for players that are not doing anything with vehicles at the "pads" so implementing these features in the shops would be a better option i think. and the map will be less cluttered.
  • Offline Jumbo
  • First Blood

Re: Player feedback

« Reply #1 posted: Apr 08, 2014, 11:55 AM »
I agree about the vehicle saving. It isnt neccessary on our Stratis server but now that we are also running 0.9g on Altis a big complaint form the players is that they cannot save their bought vehicles. One group complained that they built a base but when they spawned back their the next day, they had to walk a few kilometres to get a vehicle from a town. I told them to buy 2 spawn beacons next time and have one in a town but they have to suicide to use that

« Reply #2 posted: Apr 11, 2014, 02:55 PM »
Put in vehicle saving for bought vehicles, probably the ugliest hack ever but it works, unfortunately it doesn't save the cargo of the vehicle. But ill figure that out somehow.
As i used the Object save script and modified that i believe vehicles save for the same time as you set everything else to, in my case its 7 days.

I don't know if im allowed to put up the mission but you can always join the server to check if it works for you.

I would like the timer to reset when you use the vehicle but i don't know enough about these scripts to make that happen.
A timer for vehicles (you didn't use you vehicle for x time and it is removed by the cleanupscript) and a maintenance fee for base parts would work better as i believe now the parts unlock after the set time and may disappear after restart, or do they stay forever at the place where you set them down but unlocked?

Not being to familiar with the Epoch mission i think they use something like a sign that you buy and where you place that you can build your base (but no one else can build within a certain radius) then you have to put in money at the sign for upkeep? still locking down stuff anywhere for say an ambush is still something that should be there =).

« Reply #3 posted: Apr 18, 2014, 02:27 PM »
Little update in the first post.

« Reply #4 posted: Apr 18, 2014, 08:03 PM »
Is inidb enough to make persistence work as you have it set up? From what I have read, the mod works to run persistent servers, but has limitations.
  • Offline Jumbo
  • First Blood

« Reply #5 posted: Apr 18, 2014, 08:23 PM »
inidbi works better and doesnt have the same limitations as inidb. I think this mission works with both versions. inidbi allows saving of more items than inidb.

« Reply #6 posted: Apr 19, 2014, 01:25 AM »
I use inidbi (1.4 i think) and it seems to work for the stuff i save, vehicles goes in one file, objects in another and players have their own.
 Im getting a little worried about the amount of files in the db folder thou, close to 1300 1800 saves for players now but it doesn't seem to be a problem for now.

I have issues with more that 50000 files in one folder but that is not game or arma related =).
  • Offline Jumbo
  • First Blood

« Reply #7 posted: Apr 19, 2014, 03:15 AM »
That's a lot of players joining, well done! Perhaps you should have a policy of deleting player saves that are older than a month or so or even compress them into an archive.
  • Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary
  • co founder of customcombatgaming.com

« Reply #8 posted: Sep 29, 2014, 09:17 PM »
I use inidbi (1.4 i think) and it seems to work for the stuff i save, vehicles goes in one file, objects in another and players have their own.
 Im getting a little worried about the amount of files in the db folder thou, close to 1300 1800 saves for players now but it doesn't seem to be a problem for now.

I have issues with more that 50000 files in one folder but that is not game or arma related =).

Our Arma 2 inidbi folder ran upwards of 20k so don't worry :)
  • Offline lodac
  • Hardened
  • TOP Arma Server Admin

« Reply #9 posted: Oct 01, 2014, 09:49 PM »

Our Arma 2 inidbi folder ran upwards of 20k so don't worry :)
Currently 27k in player data files.
http://i.imgur.com/gOhSeGc.png
Player feedback

TOPArma Mission - Share your mission on GitHub