opinion of this map for Wasteland?

opinion of this map for Wasteland?

« posted: Jun 14, 2015, 10:47 PM »
Hey guys, what is your opinion of this map for Wasteland? I think it looks epic!

• Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

Re: opinion of this map for Wasteland?

« Reply #1 posted: Jun 15, 2015, 03:39 PM »
Anything is possible :) All you need to do is code it ;)

« Reply #2 posted: Jun 15, 2015, 04:16 PM »
Anything is possible :) All you need to do is code it ;)

But is it too big? too small? etc

« Reply #3 posted: Jun 16, 2015, 12:16 AM »
Problem is deploying the map to the players.
  • Offline JoSchaap
  • Developer
  • Mercenary
  • Had a life.. Got a modem.. (~1996)

« Reply #4 posted: Jun 16, 2015, 01:54 AM »
thats the same as any other map. but the real problems here are
- its hard to really determine the size, layout, zones and transportationroutes of the map from just a video
- its hard to keep my dinner inside due to the video triggering my motion-sickness (but thats not related to the question) :P

It looks good though :)

« Reply #5 posted: Jun 16, 2015, 08:25 AM »
thats the same as any other map. but the real problems here are
- its hard to really determine the size, layout, zones and transportationroutes of the map from just a video
- its hard to keep my dinner inside due to the video triggering my motion-sickness (but thats not related to the question) :P

It looks good though :)

ideally I would prefer to work on it or a similar map with one of you guys just cause you guys understand Wasteland code much much better than me and I'm all about the ACE3 stuff and the realism parts. I have the support of the ACE3 Dev team for integrating ACE3 into Wasteland. In fact, one of them did the heavy lifting of adding ACE3 Medical into Wasteland. There are a couple things to tweak like the revive/respawn system but overall it is pretty solid. The Milism communities are getting interested in it but again, none of them have experience with Wasteland. I do have a survey for ACE3 Wasteland and have unfortunately gotten a comment just recently from a close minded individual whose opinion of how to improve the game was to remove ACE3 and ALiVE which would make it simply Wasteland......I'm like , ok, valid opinion. Not really helpful though. Especially since in the features section ( which just so happens to list all the ACE3 features) where you can vote on the features you want in the game.......he voted yes to everything except medical and radios......so, he does not want ACE3 but wants all the features of ACE3.......whatever. I think he was a troll. Part of his comment involved stating that ACE3 and ALiVE are one philosphy and play style and Wasteland is another and that "the two can not ever mix".......said the racists against blacks and whites getting married......

I have server hardware as you most likely have seen in one of the other posts on the topic so that is covered and so far it is running stellar even with ~300 AI running about. (ALiVE Ai caching is stellar)