How to add a store?

• Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

Re: How to add a store?

« Reply #30 posted: Jan 31, 2015, 03:00 PM »
Mind boggling... When I don't call the setupstorenpc the npc's are in the right position, but as soon as i call this script the either shoot above the building or below it.
I checked the nearestBuildings, it's not finding the building they are in. This wasn't a problem whith this building on another place.
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

« Reply #31 posted: Jan 31, 2015, 05:10 PM »
Fixed it

« Reply #32 posted: Feb 21, 2015, 05:51 PM »
Fixed it

How did you fix it? using your method store spawns in fine for me i.e on the ground, another player sees the store in the roof of the building.

Thanks in advance.
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

« Reply #33 posted: Feb 21, 2015, 10:13 PM »
I created a modified setupstorenpc.sqf in which I removed some functions.
https://github.com/LouDnl/ArmA3_Wasteland.Altis/blob/NL-United/server/functions/setupAdminStoreNPC.sqf

« Reply #34 posted: Feb 22, 2015, 12:31 AM »
http://s12.postimg.org/gljybvlv1/store_loud_create.jpg
How to add a store?

Any ideas to bring him back to earth?  :)
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

« Reply #36 posted: Feb 23, 2015, 03:48 PM »
Yes i worked through & found all those additions  :)

May have found the answer

line 174 of setupAdminStoreNPC.sqf

-         _npcHeightRel = (_desk worldToModel (getPosASL _npc)) select 2;
+         _npcHeightRel = (_desk worldToModel (getPosATL _npc)) select 2;

I changed ASL to ATL - seems to have done the trick!

Thanks for your help!   :)
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

« Reply #37 posted: Feb 23, 2015, 04:35 PM »
Yes i worked through & found all those additions  :)

May have found the answer

line 174 of setupAdminStoreNPC.sqf

I changed ASL to ATL - seems to have done the trick!

Thanks for your help!   :)
Yea that's probably because I use the script to create stores above the water ;)

« Reply #38 posted: Apr 08, 2015, 11:59 AM »
Yea that's probably because I use the script to create stores above the water ;)

Oh man, a week ago I had this same problem and I didn't find this thread.  LouD sorted me out anyway.  Thanks LouD.

« Reply #39 posted: Sep 24, 2015, 09:57 PM »
The storeOwnerConfig entry should look like this:

["VehStoreX", 4, 250, ["Boats", "Planes"]]

Make sure to change the X to your chosen number. the second parameter is the building position you want your store owner to be located at, as defined by the "buildingPos" scripting command. Those are the same positions used by the lootspawner. It might take a bit of trial and error to find the one you want, just start from 0 and go up later on if you want to try other positions. The third parameter is the angle to spawn the store owner at, just look at your compass to find the number you want. The fourth parameter is an array to designate the options you want the store to have. "Boats" and "Planes" will hide those buttons from the store menu.

Am I right ..

.. if i do NOT define a shop owner (f.e. vehicle3) in storeOwnerConfig, the store owner will be placed excactly the way shown in the editor?

I had problems with some of them, while bulding Esseker Wasteland. Some of them were placed at other places, I set in editor. Mostly they've chosen the next building. And if this building had no entrance, they appeared right next to it, while the box went up in flames.

Tried and looked for a reason. After I deleted the line ["VehStoreX", 4, 250, ["Boats", "Planes"], it works. The direction they look at, the place and kinda implemented animations for them.

Are these lines important or nessecary for the shops? I THINK .. if only placed via editor and not in storeOwnerConfig, the selling box misses. AND .. if not implemented in storeownerconfig, is it possible to change there appearance with storeOwnerConfigAppearance?

:o

« Reply #40 posted: Dec 03, 2015, 07:35 PM »
Am I right ..

.. if i do NOT define a shop owner (f.e. vehicle3) in storeOwnerConfig, the store owner will be placed excactly the way shown in the editor?

I had problems with some of them, while bulding Esseker Wasteland. Some of them were placed at other places, I set in editor. Mostly they've chosen the next building. And if this building had no entrance, they appeared right next to it, while the box went up in flames.

Tried and looked for a reason. After I deleted the line ["VehStoreX", 4, 250, ["Boats", "Planes"], it works. The direction they look at, the place and kinda implemented animations for them.

Are these lines important or nessecary for the shops? I THINK .. if only placed via editor and not in storeOwnerConfig, the selling box misses. AND .. if not implemented in storeownerconfig, is it possible to change there appearance with storeOwnerConfigAppearance?

:o

I have the same issue and am struggling to understand the game logic required to move add and position stores.

In my case I started with the A3 Stratis files and ported them into Esseker. However several of my stores change positions or seem to disappear. I think the Esseker map is also not helpful in that many of the placed building don't seem to be recognized positions suitable for use as a store.

For example I placed a vehicle store in one of the airport warehouse buildings but instead of spawning where I wanted it positioned the NPC insidea cargo contrainer that was in the warehouse and built into the map.

Any help would be much appreciated.

« Reply #41 posted: Dec 05, 2015, 03:30 PM »
Look at mapconfig folder and storeowner.sqf ..

Try this way:

Code: [Select]
// Name, Building Position, Desk Direction (or [Desk Direction, Front Offset]), Excluded Buttons
storeOwnerConfig = compileFinal str
[

];

Then, the store npc are exactly, where u placed them.
Only negative effect is, there isn't a sell crate nor a sell desk. But this desk could be replaced via editor and selling loot outa vehicles still works ..

imo, it's worth it.

« Reply #42 posted: Feb 15, 2016, 02:03 PM »
Hi guys:)
I want to add a new store that sells say only food stuff I know with vehicles you can have say just cars sold etc but What about the genstore can you point me in the right direction.
Cheers!

« Reply #43 posted: Jul 01, 2016, 07:33 AM »
Sorry to resurrect this...is the how to on the first page still outdated? Tried looking at some of the files linked on this page but get the 404 not found. Maybe I missed another post relating to this somewhere.

« Reply #44 posted: Dec 31, 2016, 06:41 PM »
I also hate to resurrect this topic but its very important.

So, how do we go about moving the stores currently in their proper places and make them stay there whenever we add the PBO to the server because as of right now they are not staying in the proper spots.