Editing battleye

Editing battleye

« posted: Jul 07, 2015, 02:23 PM »
So i want to make my battleye stronger. Is there anyway i can use the A3Wasteland antihack to blacklist files and variables?

If so, what file? And where about in that file?

Thanks
  • Offline CREAMPIE
  • Armaholic
  • Veteran
  • ^_^;;

Re: Editing battleye

« Reply #1 posted: Jul 07, 2015, 03:48 PM »
So i want to make my battleye stronger. Is there anyway i can use the A3Wasteland antihack to blacklist files and variables?

If so, what file? And where about in that file?

Thanks

There's a couple of places - the BE filters Agentrev made for A3W are fairly robust in it's vanilla form.

Have a look at this - http://opendayz.net/threads/a-guide-to-battleye-filters.21066/

What did you have in mind ?

- from the grassy knoll -
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #2 posted: Jul 07, 2015, 04:05 PM »
The ability to detect specific files was removed long ago because it displays an annoying warning messagebox at mission start, but you can still find the code here:

https://github.com/AgentRev/Arma3-404Wasteland-Stratis-TPG/blob/82bf6b31a9c56835cf0cda533a6102ce53f7128a/server/antihack/payload.sqf#L28-L35

You can find the list of banned variables here:

https://github.com/A3Wasteland/ArmA3_Wasteland.Altis/blob/ca2b6370059254a759b8d4918d94e8de692305ad/server/antihack/payload.sqf#L234
  • Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary
  • co founder of customcombatgaming.com

« Reply #3 posted: Jul 07, 2015, 06:32 PM »
Those scripts you do find I would suggest adding them to the anti hack as you go, it's a shame the payload isn't server side, not in the mission etc
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #4 posted: Jul 07, 2015, 07:34 PM »
it's a shame the payload isn't server side, not in the mission etc

Once the new remote exec framework is implemented, this can be done rather easily. Right now the antihack relies on the stupid-but-useful createUnit command to exec stuff on the client, because it's the only way to do it without pvars, but you gotta stuff everything into a single string so it's quite a mess to put all the code in there.

The new engine-side RE will eliminate this problem since it doesn't use pvars, and can accept compiled code as input.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #5 posted: Jul 09, 2015, 04:48 AM »
it's a shame the payload isn't server side, not in the mission etc

After some thinking, I realized this was much more easy than I thought:

https://github.com/A3Wasteland/ArmA3_Wasteland.Altis/commit/82cbff95d285218c0d646b8fa57b16e7c4ca6726
  • Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary
  • co founder of customcombatgaming.com

« Reply #6 posted: Jul 09, 2015, 08:16 AM »
Bloody hell Rev that's two damn good reasons to switch my PC on before going to work you've posted this morning :)

« Reply #7 posted: Jul 23, 2015, 08:22 PM »
Hey guys, how do you handle this ?:

Since update of battleye service, battleye switched off analysis of script usage in effect.
BattlEye Server: Warning: Disabled kicking for scripts.txt scans. Please update your filters according to scripts.log and add "//new2" at the top.
If you turn it on again by inserting first line: "//new2" the analysis of script usage is different and you need new 'rules" in scripts.txt.
To join a game or leave a game ( and not get kicked ) I need to alter the standard scripts.txt for vanilla wasteland 1.2 (by AgentRev).

I'll show my battleye scripts.txt because I fear I ruined security somewhere.   :-D

Code: [Select]
//new2
5 "addWeaponTurret"
1 "BIS_fnc_AAN" // has been 5, AAN news banner crap,
1 "ctrlCreate" !"_prevButton = _display ctrlCreate [\"RscButtonMenu\", 90110, _dbg];" // has been 5, command used to build script menus, CBA exemption
1 "onMapSingleClick" !"\"onmapsingleclick\"" // log possible teleport hacks
1 "spawnEnemy"
1 "BIS_fnc_findExtreme"
1 "BIS_fnc_configviewer"
1 "BIS_fnc_infoText"
1 "BIS_fnc_dynamicText"
1 "BIS_fnc_halo"
1 "RscDisplayDebriefing_ListGroup" !"RscControlsGroupNoHScrollbars"

How did you update your scripts.txt ?
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran