module_cleanup

• Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary
  • co founder of customcombatgaming.com

module_cleanup

« posted: Jul 13, 2015, 06:16 PM »
Does any of you fine gentlemen use this in there missions at all? Creampie i think you use this addon?

A few questions,

Why, i guess is my first question, is the stock clean up not adequate ?

have you seen a benefit ?

This bit boggles my mind a little,

Code: [Select]
/////////////////////////////////
//     Clean weaponholders     //
// weapons/magazines on ground //
/////////////////////////////////
#define __pvpfw_cleanUp_cleanWeaponHolders //comment out this line if you dont want weaponHolders to be cleaned up
pvpfw_cleanUp_weaponHolderRadius = 10; // The weaponholders cleanup countdown will start if no unit is closer than this
pvpfw_cleanUp_weaponHolderTimer = 300; // Weaponholders will be deleted after this time

If you have building loot on then won't this continually delete building spawned loot (weapon holders) all of the time so the server has to keep re-spawning them?
  • Offline CREAMPIE
  • Armaholic
  • Veteran
  • ^_^;;

Re: module_cleanup

« Reply #1 posted: Jul 13, 2015, 07:56 PM »
I added it for a few reasons, I did have to change a few things though ..

I set my corpse / wreck cleanup to 15mins on Stratis , to ensure players have some chance of recovering their items. This module_cleanup gave me some extra flexibility on some options ...

1) The default server cleanup wasn't cleaning up certain things. On a full stratis server you end up with tonnes of junk lying around everywhere , especially gunstores where you will see bunches of weapons lying around.

2) This also deletes destroyed buildings and certain other objects that probably would eventually find it's way to the garbage .

3) I don't recall the addons deleting anything from building loot spawns, at least the RPT logs didn't show anything being deleted.

4)You can fine tune a bunch of parameters here. If there aren't any players within a certain radius , it starts the cleanup timer for that item.

I could probably tune it a bit more ^_^

- from the grassy knoll -
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #2 posted: Jul 13, 2015, 08:09 PM »
I think cleaning up weapon holders is merely a placebo, they don't affect FPS themselves as they are not PhysX objects, you can spawn a million of them and the FPS doesn't budge. It may very slightly decrease network load, but not really up to a point where it is actually noticeable.

1) The default server cleanup wasn't cleaning up certain things. On a full stratis server you end up with tonnes of junk lying around everywhere , especially gunstores where you will see bunches of weapons lying around.

2) This also deletes destroyed buildings and certain other objects that probably would eventually find it's way to the garbage .

3) I don't recall the addons deleting anything from building loot spawns, at least the RPT logs didn't show anything being deleted.

4)You can fine tune a bunch of parameters here. If there aren't any players within a certain radius , it starts the cleanup timer for that item.

1) This is by design, if I drop something in a hidden place somewhere I expect it to still be there if I come back 2 hours later as long as the server hasn't restarted

2) This causes destroyed buildings to completely disappear from the map. They don't cause any FPS drop nor any network lag whatsoever, as they are static map objects. There are hundreds of thousands of those on Altis. I'm not sure why would anyone think this is a good idea.

3) Only if weapon loot is enabled

4) Radius check may have a light negative impact on server FPS and/or CPS
  • Offline CREAMPIE
  • Armaholic
  • Veteran
  • ^_^;;

« Reply #3 posted: Jul 13, 2015, 08:14 PM »
I think cleaning up weapon holders is merely a placebo, they don't affect FPS themselves as they are not PhysX objects, you can spawn a million of them and the FPS doesn't budge. It may very slightly decrease network load, but not really up to a point where it is actually noticeable.

1) This is by design, if I drop something in a hidden place somewhere I expect it to still be there if I come back 2 hours later as long as the server hasn't restarted

2) This causes destroyed buildings to completely disappear from the map. They don't cause any FPS drop nor any network lag whatsoever, as they are static map objects. There are hundreds of thousands of those on Altis. I'm not sure why would anyone think this is a good idea.

3) Only if weapon loot is enabled

4) Radius check may have a light negative impact on server FPS and/or CPS

I can agree with the placebo effect in some sense ...

I removed the module cleanup for 2 days and had a bunch of players complaining about litter around gunstores and poor fps :(

Oddly I did noticed some FPS decreases on my test machine if buildings were somewhat destroyed vs gone. Aesthetically buildings that went missing left gaps , but overall FPS seems to maintain a certain level running it ^^

Would be interesting to check Server FPS / CPS with it enabled and disabled when the server is full like this.

- from the grassy knoll -
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #4 posted: Jul 13, 2015, 08:21 PM »
The only clean way to deal with store litter is to automatically transfer dropped items within a certain radius of a store NPC to the selling bin.
  • Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary
  • co founder of customcombatgaming.com

« Reply #5 posted: Jul 14, 2015, 06:06 PM »
I wrote a reply but didn't press 'post' last night doh..

Anyhow thanks for the feedback,

I guess the last question I have is to Rev, do you have any plans in the future to script in more support for when servers are busy? What I mean by that is to have configurable options for server owners based on playableUnits? Or player counts etc

Lootspawning,
clean ups,
Mission quantities,
Anything that would contribute to higher server fps when servers are full.