PBO not working right after Arma 3 Release

• Offline epso-sage
  • Fresh Spawn
  • anyone in Kavala!?

PBO not working right after Arma 3 Release

« posted: Sep 16, 2013, 08:51 AM »
The pbo worked fine in the beta but as soon as Arma 3 released i have not been able to get my server to play a custom pbo properly. I'm not sure if i need to update the pbo or something? Any help would be great.

Re: PBO not working right after Arma 3 Release

« Reply #1 posted: Sep 16, 2013, 08:14 PM »
Assuming you haven't made a lot of changes to it, its should be able to to run it if it was running in beta. You could post your RPT log and those of us not working on the project could help ya find the issue.
  • Offline Brian
  • Geared Up
  • anyone in Kavala!?

« Reply #2 posted: Sep 27, 2013, 09:39 PM »
epso,

if you don't know where to find your RPT log, you'll find it here:

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Arma 3

it will have a timestamp file name
  • Offline JoSchaap
  • Developer
  • Mercenary
  • Had a life.. Got a modem.. (~1996)

« Reply #3 posted: Sep 27, 2013, 11:03 PM »
as soon as we get a release for altis done ill get cracking on converting it to stratis too.
  • Offline k4n30
  • Fresh Spawn
  • anyone in Kavala!?

« Reply #4 posted: Sep 28, 2013, 07:01 AM »
as soon as we get a release for altis done ill get cracking on converting it to stratis too.

I have already ported 99% of the code over to Stratis JoSchaap, just tweaking some more stuff and then I'll create a pull request

« Reply #5 posted: Sep 28, 2013, 08:44 AM »
A pull request should only really be used if you are submitting code to be added to the repository.

Once the wasteland Altis code is in decent shape the only thing that should need any real changes will be the mission.sqm file (otherwise we have more work to do). I would suspect Jo will just cannibalize his current one and add the new markers/spawns. No point submitting a pull request unless Jo wants it, as a pull request to the Altis repository provides no benefit to the team. Its better just to give Jo a link to your repo as he can easily do a diff on your repository and see what you have changed.

MF
  • Offline k4n30
  • Fresh Spawn
  • anyone in Kavala!?

« Reply #6 posted: Sep 28, 2013, 09:23 AM »
It's on a separate branch and that way any changes to Altis can be easily (I'm aware you can do it across repo's too) be merged into Stratis.

Your right in saying the main difference is the mission.sqm, but there are other changes that are needed to with most of the work going into the main and side missions as most of them are still static waypoints (Altis included), with other small tweaks being done around the place where the word Altis is mentioned

Either way I'm easy, just trying to lighten the load on you guys so you can concentrate on doing what you do best :)

« Reply #7 posted: Sep 28, 2013, 09:39 AM »
Our endgame is to have a core which is (hopefully) identical across the maps and only have the mission.sqm and maybe the configuration that is different, but we got lots of work before then. Like I said, talk to Jo.

MF