PBO hijackers

• Offline Firstyminator
  • NoElite Gaming Community
  • Geared Up
  • Airborne Wookie!

Re: PBO hijackers

« Reply #15 posted: Oct 01, 2015, 09:33 AM »
Well actually you cannot do that with Wasteland because of this GNU GPL whats its name license. The mission is free to use but everything you add you need to make publicly available. So also external files. Atleast this is what I got from AgentRev.
Not if it is based upon external database ? The database is not affected by the GNU? When i did play on Gorillas back in the days, the pbo itself was useless on itself. Needed contact with tveir db to work.

But im all in for sharing, so its kinda good that the copyright is not too harsh on the community made mods... Strict rules creates junk.. Community made mods keeps the games and developers alive much more! And everyone can contribute to make the mods better every update
Firsty
Founder
NoEliteGaming

• Offline Mokey
  • Fractured Wasteland
  • Elite
  • Https://Fractured-Gaming.com

« Reply #16 posted: Oct 07, 2015, 01:39 PM »
Centrifugal I did take some things from other Wasteland servers,  but the toxic gas script is a Fractured script handed out :p

I love the licensing of a3w for this reason alone
Posts once, edits post 40 times in 60 seconds. STUPID FAT FINGERS!
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

« Reply #17 posted: Oct 07, 2015, 01:41 PM »
Well theres even another server running my mission file and still linking to our forum website and everything.. sigh haha :) people complain on our forum for lack of admins etc. We kindly direct them to our own servers.
  • Offline Firstyminator
  • NoElite Gaming Community
  • Geared Up
  • Airborne Wookie!

« Reply #18 posted: Oct 07, 2015, 01:44 PM »
Well proper credits shoud be handed out in respect for the ones who stays up all night and do these things :) lol excellent that it redirects to your forum ;) hehe!
Firsty
Founder
NoEliteGaming

« Reply #19 posted: Jul 13, 2016, 01:30 PM »
Hi

I have an question for the License,

I have made an lock/unlock function for my server. that way it have 2 min to spawn all the things in before players joins.

the code lives in the antihack/setup.sqf file, since it have my server command password I will not put it in the mission file.

my PBO works fine without the code, but if some one ask fore it, am I force to give it ?
Also do the mission file have to be public (I use my own git server) or is it enough to give the files if someone ask for them ?

• Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #20 posted: Jul 13, 2016, 05:44 PM »
I don't mind the lock script, it's not an A3W-specific feature so you are free to keep it for yourself.

Maintaining a public GitHub repo is highly recommended, but not required.

« Reply #21 posted: Jul 13, 2016, 06:03 PM »
I don't mind the lock script, it's not an A3W-specific feature so you are free to keep it for yourself.

Maintaining a public GitHub repo is highly recommended, but not required.

yeah i kinda get that, but my tools and work flow is setup to my gitlab server :)