having 4 "rounds" per restart, possible?

having 4 "rounds" per restart, possible?

« posted: Aug 15, 2015, 11:15 PM »
I am looking to have 15 minute rounds for a close combat server I have made.

So the server restarts at 2pm for example, then over the hour 4 "rounds" happen and everyone goes back to the lobby and then load back in again after each 15 minute round.

Is this even possible?
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

Re: having 4 "rounds" per restart, possible?

« Reply #1 posted: Aug 15, 2015, 11:54 PM »
What are you on about? What kind of rounds?

Wasteland is a persistent mission without rounds.

« Reply #2 posted: Aug 16, 2015, 12:53 AM »
I'm using Wastland to build CoD style team deathmatch, where players have a spawn in a CQC zone, when they die they spawn back in. Was thinking it would be nice to split each hour restart into rounds. might not be possible but it would be cool :)

« Reply #3 posted: Aug 16, 2015, 02:21 AM »
I'm using Wastland to build CoD style team deathmatch, where players have a spawn in a CQC zone, when they die they spawn back in. Was thinking it would be nice to split each hour restart into rounds. might not be possible but it would be cool :)

This is what you want:  http://store.steampowered.com/app/730/

Just download, install and connect to a server.

;D

« Reply #4 posted: Aug 16, 2015, 11:27 AM »
thanks for that unhelpful post, I guess this is why I was told "there are a lot of awkward people on that forum, you wont get much help"
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

« Reply #5 posted: Aug 16, 2015, 01:10 PM »
thanks for that unhelpful post, I guess this is why I was told "there are a lot of awkward people on that forum, you wont get much help"
I think this is the word post ever. If you would look through the forum there IS a lot of help.
But you want to change Wasteland into CoD. This isn't CoD and there are already deathmatch mods out there.
  • Offline eldrich
  • First Blood
  • 40-1 Clan

« Reply #6 posted: Aug 16, 2015, 01:17 PM »
awkward people on here your fekking joking me, ive gone from knowing fekk all to no atleast some stuff :) because of this awkward lot, they answer my questions and pms no matter how noobish they are, and are always friendly and polite. you slate them because you didn't get the answer you wanted I'm sorry but you sir are a DICKHEAD (scuse my lang )

eld

« Reply #7 posted: Aug 16, 2015, 04:55 PM »
Thanks for your excellent comment eldrich I appreciate your reply greatly, Its nothing to do with "not getting the answer I was looking for" and all about getting a dickhead response to a serious question! Everyone else has been helpful but I was warned that there are some people on this forum who don't like new people. I found one, please don't make that 2

I'm not changing it into CoD LouD, im making an arma map everyone loved, nothing more! and WL was a good base to put it on. As for worst post ever.... ever?
  • Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary
  • co founder of customcombatgaming.com

« Reply #8 posted: Aug 16, 2015, 08:52 PM »
Wasteland is nothing like COD not even remotely, you really do need to seek help on armaholic to see if anyone is willing to write it although i wouldn't think it too hard, two teams 15mins matches jeeze you could even knock something up yourself in the editor for you mates to play on.

« Reply #9 posted: Aug 16, 2015, 09:43 PM »
The server is up, map designed, and its getting some good reviews :) Arma is not like CoD, you're right, but its something people have been talking about and they wanted to play Arma, in a DM setting on that map, so I built it.

Its very much the Arma feel but you can see its took inspiration from Nuke Town, but its nice just having somewhere to thrash out for a couple of hours in a small space.

Pic below, I'm quite proud of it as its been a lot of work.
  • Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary
  • co founder of customcombatgaming.com

« Reply #10 posted: Aug 16, 2015, 11:54 PM »
I didn't say Arma is like COD i said its not like Wasteland. Wasteland is quite a heavy mod (term used loosely) mission to run what you were asking, but good luck anyhow

« Reply #11 posted: Aug 17, 2015, 12:26 AM »
I thought Wasteland was the right base, but after I started pulling things out of it, I realise that It might not have been lol, but too much went into it to start again and it runs nice :)

« Reply #12 posted: Aug 17, 2015, 06:22 AM »

Come on, buddy.  Don’t be like that.  My CS:GO post was a joke... with a smilie.  I posted it because it sounds like that's exactly the game you're trying to create (for some reason) with A3Wasteland.

As for being ‘awkward’ my rule is, "If you want assistance, be respectful of other people's time and attention." 

You’ve shown up on the A3Wasteland forums asking for help to code up something that is almost entirely unlike the A3Wasteland mission so you can be pretty sure you're wasting most people's time here.  Why should anyone rush to help you when you can’t do them the courtesy of not wasting their time?  And now you’re compounding your problems further by getting prickly towards the people you want help from.

Without exception, I have found everyone on these forums to be patient, helpful and respectful.  It’s safe to assume the problem here is an off-topic post from someone with a sense of entitlement. 

Good luck with your mission.
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

« Reply #13 posted: Aug 17, 2015, 02:04 PM »
Moved to off topic.