Side Missions creation questions

• Offline Mokey
  • Fractured Wasteland
  • Elite
  • Https://Fractured-Gaming.com

Side Missions creation questions

« posted: Aug 19, 2015, 03:51 PM »
So I want to start creating side missions,  I have a few ideas for some missions that I will hand out to the A3W community if I can do them.

With that being said,  I've never made a spawnable mission before. So I have a few questions.

1: to get the base script down, can you make a mission and copy the unit actions/info off of the mission.sqm into a separate script?

2: Are there interfaces within arma addons to make creating missions easier? If so,  what are they?

3: in map config there is a folder named “convoys“ with a bunch of coordinates in each SQF. Im assuming these are the convoy routes or points the AI reference to move to,  to NOT go off of a route. If this is the case are they map specific? And is there an easier way to grab these coords without having to manually type each one by looking at the map in editor?

As of right now those are really the only questions I have.  Thanks for the help.
Posts once, edits post 40 times in 60 seconds. STUPID FAT FINGERS!
  • Offline Mokey
  • Fractured Wasteland
  • Elite

Re: Side Missions creation questions

« Reply #1 posted: Aug 20, 2015, 04:07 PM »
Well...  Lol. I'm scratching off the surface. Surely there are nice tools you recommend.
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

« Reply #2 posted: Aug 20, 2015, 04:30 PM »
Well...  Lol. I'm scratching off the surface. Surely there are nice tools you recommend.
No tools. Hand coded :)
  • Offline Mokey
  • Fractured Wasteland
  • Elite

« Reply #3 posted: Aug 20, 2015, 04:33 PM »
Well then. I guess imma have a lot of stuff to break on the next few days lol

« Reply #4 posted: Aug 20, 2015, 05:51 PM »
This won't be a complete solution for your needs but it might help... If I am placing objects like map decorations or bases that I want to be created on a trigger I just the R3F plugin and literally place them in game and save the objects to blank dev database. Then I just write a select statement against MySQL returning a createObject statements for each object. Copy/Paste into a script. I would also add a reference to the object instances to an array so I can loop through and clear them later.

I'm an Arma modding noob though. That is just the approach I settled with for the moment rather than trying to extract stuff from the sqm file.