Random Heli Crash Sites / Cargo Drops

Random Heli Crash Sites / Cargo Drops

« posted: Oct 22, 2015, 11:27 PM »
Hey guys,

Lurked here for awhile but have never posted. Thanks for all the handy addons and for helping the community.

I just finished modifying the exile random heli crash/airdrop script (ETG Heli Crash And Drop Script) for Stratis wasteland (could work in altis too but needs to be modified some). The server i run I would consider a little hardcore. I like to keep the price of items pretty high and make users work for their money/gear. It prevents your wasteland server from becoming just a game of pure team death match haha. On a server like mine heli crashes sites are pretty awesome to come across.

Anyway, I'm just in the process cleaning up the script and I'll post it here shortly.

I've played arma for years but never really got into modding at all. I work as a programmer analyst, so I hope to contribute to the community once I get to know my way around a little better.

Re: Random Heli Crash Sites / Cargo Drops

« Reply #1 posted: Oct 23, 2015, 06:09 AM »
So here's the script.

Add the following to your init.sqf under third party scripts
Code: [Select]
ETG_Cargo_Drop_Mission = 0;
_nul = execVM "addons\helicrash\ETG_HeliCrashAndDropScript.sqf";

Create script ETG_HeliCrashAndDropScript.sqf and place into addons\helicrash\ETG_HeliCrashAndDropScript.sqf
(Script is attached to post)

If you're testing the script, set

SleepTime = 1*60;
 _Debug = true;
 _AllowMakers = false;
   This will spawn a crash or drop every minute or after the initial one has ended.

« Reply #2 posted: Oct 24, 2015, 08:11 PM »
giving this 1 a try ill see how it goes

« Reply #3 posted: Oct 24, 2015, 08:28 PM »
giving this 1 a try ill see how it goes

Like I said. It might be kind of useless for servers that have cheap items/weapons and a high starting amount of money. But for servers that make it challenging to get gear and moola, it's a nice little addition.

« Reply #4 posted: Oct 24, 2015, 10:44 PM »
caused a lot of issues on the server laged the hole time only 1 mission poped up and stuck of the corner of the map maybe try it another time

« Reply #5 posted: Oct 24, 2015, 11:11 PM »
Hmm weird. I'll have to look into that. I'm going to do some more testing. Thanks for testing it.
  • Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary
  • co founder of customcombatgaming.com

« Reply #6 posted: Oct 25, 2015, 09:24 AM »
Why not just make this another wasteland mission? Sorry I'm missing the point to this

« Reply #7 posted: Oct 25, 2015, 11:16 PM »
Why not just make this another wasteland mission? Sorry I'm missing the point to this

The whole point is to stumble across a heli crash or create filled with expensive gear. Missions are great, everyone can take part in them. But on my server, missions are a lot harder because weapons/gear are expensive. So to come across a heli crash or drop with a bunch of good stuff is awesome.
  • Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary
  • co founder of customcombatgaming.com

« Reply #8 posted: Oct 26, 2015, 09:38 AM »
But you can drop random missions without announcing them?

why not add another layer of missions to the wasteland setup, and give a general location to a downed chopper?.

otherwise it would be just as easy to place them in the editor and have them only come in on a % chance when the server restarts.

« Reply #9 posted: Oct 26, 2015, 06:08 PM »
But you can drop random missions without announcing them?

why not add another layer of missions to the wasteland setup, and give a general location to a downed chopper?.

otherwise it would be just as easy to place them in the editor and have them only come in on a % chance when the server restarts.

Never realized I could do it through the editor. Maybe I'll give that a go instead. Thanks.
  • Offline Jes
  • First Blood

« Reply #10 posted: Nov 22, 2015, 12:48 AM »
The spawning AIs are friendly to OPFOR players, how do I change them to be hostile to all players?

//Spawn AI if wanted
if (_AI_Crash) then {
_HelicrashUnits = [position _ETG_CrashedHeli, EAST, _ETG_AIUnits,[],[],[],[],[],180] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
//Add waypoint for the AI
_HeliCrashGroupLeader = leader _HelicrashUnits;
_HeliCrashUnitsGroup = group _HeliCrashGroupLeader;

//Add a waypoint for them
_HeliCrashUnitsGroup addWaypoint [position _ETG_CrashedHeli, 0];
[_HeliCrashUnitsGroup, 0] setWaypointType "GUARD";
[_HeliCrashUnitsGroup, 0] setWaypointBehaviour "AWARE";

//delete AI after x hours
[_DeletionDelay,_HelicrashUnits] spawn {
sleep (_this select 0);
{ deleteVehicle _x; } forEach units (_this select 1);
};