So many cheaters !

• Offline Raptor
  • Fresh Spawn

So many cheaters !

« posted: Jan 18, 2016, 05:08 PM »
It's crazy and it's kinda annoying to have in mind that while you're not connected to your server maybe some cheaters are disturbing everyone. Yesterday I had to ban at least 5/10 of them.

I was wondering if the problem was coming from my server (forgot to enable some things) or if it was just normal, because while I was playing on other wasteland servers I did not meet so many cheaters.

I figured out that like an idiot I forgot to add all the Battleye filters inside the BE folder, now this is done.
Perhaps, I took a look at the remoteexec.log file and I saw that I previously banned 80% of the players referenced in this log file because I caught them cheating when I was in game.

So here is my first question : why didn't battleye banned/kicked them by itself, why I had to do it by myself ?
In remoteExec.txt, the number is set to 5 : http://i.imgur.com/6cGJDB3.png
Tell me if I'm wrong, but it means that BE will kick and log all these guys.

So why did they manage to join the server and cheat ? I had to ban them by myself.

And what do you advise me to do to prevent cheaters from joining the server ? I already added ~600 bans shared by other members of the forum. Anything else to do ? Right now I just have Battleye to protect my server.

Thank you very much for your help. :)

• Offline Gagi2
  • Geared Up

Re: So many cheaters !

« Reply #1 posted: Jan 18, 2016, 10:54 PM »
because what these kids did is no real hack.... its just execution of some lines of code... more or less...
so thats why well done battleye filters are mostly a better antihack than everything else...
  • Offline Raptor
  • Fresh Spawn

Re: So many cheaters !

« Reply #2 posted: Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 PM »
Indeed, now that I added all the BE Filters it looks like there are no cheaters anymore or at least much less.