vehicle purchased

vehicle purchased

« posted: Feb 12, 2016, 05:36 AM »
hi.. my current problem is that when the server restarts, all the vehicles on the map are deleted and new respawns are made all over the map.. that includes the vehicles purchased by the players and the ones won on missions. I took a look at the files and tried to see if there was something in the configs or the code itself that I could change to make sure that the server remembers the  vehicles that players bought or won and that they should stay at their current locations.

if anyone knows of this problem and how to fix it please let me know how.

thank you
  • Offline Mooney
  • First Blood

Re: vehicle purchased

« Reply #1 posted: Feb 12, 2016, 02:43 PM »
The appropriate settings in the default_config.sqf and/or main_config.sqf are:

A3W_missionVehicleSaving = 1; 
A3W_purchasedVehicleSaving = 1;

If it still does not work after that you have an issue with your database, assuming you have not changed any persistence code.

« Reply #2 posted: Feb 12, 2016, 05:23 PM »
yes. both settings are indeed set to 1. the issue still happens.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #3 posted: Feb 12, 2016, 07:39 PM »
Upload your arma3server RPT log, you probably have database issues.

« Reply #4 posted: Feb 12, 2016, 10:59 PM »
trying to figure out where I can find that log. working with survival servers and they are slow to response.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #5 posted: Feb 13, 2016, 12:54 AM »
Windows or Linux?
  • Offline Mooney
  • First Blood

« Reply #6 posted: Feb 13, 2016, 02:36 AM »
Funnily enough I just ran into the same issue. The database will load a previously saved vehicle (Line 1351) but will not save and load any new ones.

I downgraded from MySQL 5.7 to 5.6, did not fix it. I have tried both with vanilla and RHS vehicles purchased at the vehicle store.

DB Config: http://pastebin.com/spDzdWT8
Server log: http://pastebin.com/9m5NLPmF

It points out line 184 of vLoad.sqf but I have not altered it. It also says it relies on deleted content when it tries to load the m1a2 but it appeared to have loaded RHS fine.

Edit: fixed by wiping DB. Not sure how it could be corrupt and still load a vehicle, but weirder things happen I suppose.

« Reply #7 posted: Feb 13, 2016, 03:21 AM »
windows
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #8 posted: Feb 13, 2016, 04:32 AM »
You may need to ask your provider to see if you are allowed to upload DLLs, and if they have the VC++ 2013 x86 redist installed on their end.
  • Offline Mooney
  • First Blood

« Reply #9 posted: Feb 14, 2016, 12:04 AM »
I am running into the issue again. I do have Visual C++ 2013 x86 and x64 and have for a while.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #10 posted: Feb 14, 2016, 12:06 AM »
Mooney this is not your thread, I am trying to assist mwagner specifically.

« Reply #11 posted: Feb 17, 2016, 08:45 PM »
the server provider came back to us and accually finally fixed it themselfs. so saving the vehicles accually happens now. thx for all the help tho, defenitly going to come back here if I have any more problems :) now the only thing we are gonna try to do is get the vendors to buy our vehicles so we can sell them and make money on that as well.. that OR increase sell price on all other items.. because now  I have a convoy truck full of guns and ammo and kits and mods and launchers and all I get is 280$ for the lot.. so that seems a little low. didnt find the config file where we can change that yet.

« Reply #12 posted: Feb 19, 2016, 04:45 AM »
update!!!

that problem has been solved as well. guess that covers everything we needed ... thx alot for the help agentrev, and keep doing what you do, we love you for it.