More Helicopter Air Time

More Helicopter Air Time

« posted: Sep 18, 2013, 06:24 PM »
Something I have to STRESS:
With the Altis being as big as it is, Helicopters are going to need to be more difficult to shoot down.
BIS has improved this themselves with how hard the things fall after being shot, Flares and and lock-on indicators present in game.
However Anti Air rockets still need to be extremely scarce.
This doesn't mean that they should be only obtainable from difficult missions making the rich richer.

Anti Air should be available as an EXTREMELY RARE spawn in regular weapon/vehicle spawn.
1 launcher/2 rockets.
Or Purchasable for a large enough sum of money that only a large GROUP of people that have could afford by pooling money.

Re: More Helicopter Air Time

« Reply #1 posted: Sep 18, 2013, 07:04 PM »
Another Idea for helicopters...

have a purchasable helicopter re-spawn point.
Just like the Player re spawn beacons..

if the heli gets destroyed by an enemy or even an idiot friendly player. your team wont be stranded at your base in the middle of nowhere you just have to wait 10-15 minutes for a nice new fresh one.

of course this would be incredibly expensive.

• Offline JoSchaap
  • Developer
  • Mercenary
  • Had a life.. Got a modem.. (~1996)

« Reply #2 posted: Sep 18, 2013, 11:06 PM »
overpowered rifles such as the zafir, m200 and launchers will not spawn inside vehicles, the only way to obtain these is from missions, weapon caches (if enabled in the mission settings) or at gunstores at a pretty high price   :)

helicopters will respawn at their original spawn location a few minutes after being destroyed.

« Reply #3 posted: Sep 18, 2013, 11:12 PM »
Beat me too it Jo... mere seconds :P

MF
  • Offline Dreaddman
  • Fresh Spawn
  • anyone in Kavala!?

« Reply #4 posted: Sep 19, 2013, 04:47 PM »
I can see the launchers with limited availability, but the M200 and Zafir?  I think those spawning in vehicles should be a selectable feature. 

On the wide open spaces, there's gonna be a lot of vehicle hit and runs.  Those two weapons make drivers more cautious and give ground pounders a better chance of survival. Plus, I've only seen one (or maybe two) helis taken down by those.  I've got 600+ A3 hours and counting. 

« Reply #5 posted: Sep 22, 2013, 09:53 AM »
I've taken down quite a few(40+) with M200/Zafir  ;D

We still got lots to come as far as external configuration. Stay tuned!

MF