Players relogging to reset beacon timer

Players relogging to reset beacon timer

« posted: Mar 17, 2016, 01:36 AM »
This is a chronic issue we have on our server. Is there anyone who has implemented a fix for this, or perhaps a relog timer where it black screens for X minutes on relogging-- something like that?
  • Offline CREAMPIE
  • Armaholic
  • Veteran
  • ^_^;;

Re: Players relogging to reset beacon timer

« Reply #1 posted: Mar 17, 2016, 08:48 AM »
This is a chronic issue we have on our server. Is there anyone who has implemented a fix for this, or perhaps a relog timer where it black screens for X minutes on relogging-- something like that?

We had the same issue a while back - just spectate suspected players and enforce a 7 day ban - it's not fair play and essentially an exploit.

I banned a guy after he spawned on the same location 17 times ...

- from the grassy knoll -

« Reply #2 posted: Mar 17, 2016, 02:15 PM »
We had the same issue a while back - just spectate suspected players and enforce a 7 day ban - it's not fair play and essentially an exploit.

I banned a guy after he spawned on the same location 17 times ...
Thanks for the advice. It's hard to tell a lot of the time however and I'm also dealing with the issues of folks logging out when dead so nothing drops-- or doing so when HvT.

Need to figure out a solution to it that's automatic. Thinking a timeout or something where if they log it dumps the money on them.. or something.

« Reply #3 posted: Mar 21, 2016, 09:07 PM »
Black screen on relogging doesn't really help since you can reset those timers using windowed fullscreen and just inactivate arma.exe for a second --> No need to relog.

Saving (and checking) a timestamp to server memory or database on every beacon spawn could be one solution and probably not that hard to create.