Preventing mortars being re-supplied by ammo trucks

• Offline Magic
  • First Blood

Preventing mortars being re-supplied by ammo trucks

« posted: Apr 08, 2016, 08:39 PM »
Is it possible?

We get lots of little feckers that think its funny to park an ammo truck next to a couple of mortars and slam the shit out of the whole map for as long as they like. Is there any way we could prevent this at all?

Cheers.

Re: Preventing mortars being re-supplied by ammo trucks

« Reply #1 posted: Apr 09, 2016, 03:24 AM »
Include the rearm script you are using please.
  • Offline Magic
  • First Blood

« Reply #2 posted: Apr 09, 2016, 10:56 AM »
We dont have a separate rearm script. Its just the standard vanilla ammo trucks.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #3 posted: Apr 09, 2016, 11:12 AM »
We dont have a separate rearm script. Its just the standard vanilla ammo trucks.

It's impossible to alter their behavior. There is no option other than removing ammo trucks and vehicle crates.
  • Offline Magic
  • First Blood

« Reply #4 posted: Apr 09, 2016, 12:47 PM »
OK thanks a lot.
  • Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary
  • co founder of customcombatgaming.com

« Reply #5 posted: Apr 09, 2016, 02:34 PM »
i guess if you wanted to lesson the effect and make players only use direct fire instead of indirect then you could use this in your mission

enableEngineArtillery false;

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/enableEngineArtillery
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #6 posted: Apr 09, 2016, 09:13 PM »
That renders it useless for pretty much 95% of the playerbase.

Ultimately, I want to remove ammo trucks and add the resupply script from TOP.

« Reply #7 posted: Apr 10, 2016, 09:22 AM »
That renders it useless for pretty much 95% of the playerbase.

Ultimately, I want to remove ammo trucks and add the resupply script from TOP.

That would be fantastic. Then we will be able to change the loadout of vehicles. Without a missile warning system, the ATGM of jets are way too overpowered right now. I would like to limit the quantity of ATGM a jet can carry.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #8 posted: Apr 10, 2016, 09:31 AM »
I'm not a very big fan of changing vehicle loadouts, I just want resupply trucks to fill all mags back to full capacity while the vehicle is kept inactive, like a pit stop.

Loadouts are tedious and complicated to maintain, plus if you decide to add new weapons (like flares on MH-9) or remove existing weapons (like AGM), it has to be redone on vehicle load at startup. Sometimes the magazine class names change with updates, or some weapons are altered, and it fucks up the loadouts.

Look at all the remote functions Gigatek had to write: https://github.com/A3Wasteland/ArmA3_Wasteland.Altis/blob/fcb4f7e62400c7ce128df0cc45416613153b4195/client/CfgRemoteExec_fnc.hpp#L30-L39

Sometimes the turrets won't reload without removing and readding the associated turret weapon, sometimes there'll be leftover empty mags that will get resupplied to full capacity. That's why I find the whole "vehicle loadout" thing pretty stupid and messy.

« Reply #9 posted: Apr 13, 2016, 08:34 PM »
I'm not a very big fan of changing vehicle loadouts, I just want resupply trucks to fill all mags back to full capacity while the vehicle is kept inactive, like a pit stop.

Loadouts are tedious and complicated to maintain, plus if you decide to add new weapons (like flares on MH-9) or remove existing weapons (like AGM), it has to be redone on vehicle load at startup. Sometimes the magazine class names change with updates, or some weapons are altered, and it fucks up the loadouts.

Look at all the remote functions Gigatek had to write: https://github.com/A3Wasteland/ArmA3_Wasteland.Altis/blob/fcb4f7e62400c7ce128df0cc45416613153b4195/client/CfgRemoteExec_fnc.hpp#L30-L39

Sometimes the turrets won't reload without removing and readding the associated turret weapon, sometimes there'll be leftover empty mags that will get resupplied to full capacity. That's why I find the whole "vehicle loadout" thing pretty stupid and messy.

Thanks for sharing the knowledge with us.

I don't know how it is on other servers. But on my servers, I had to make A-164, To-199 and AH-99 available only through completing missions. When they were available in vehicle stores, players in them always tried to every player-driven ground vehicles they could find, even quad bikes.

Quite a few players couldn't even understand what they were killed by. Because those planes/helicopters were flying over 1 km above the ground and over 4 km away. This greatly hurt the server population.

If players in ground vehicles could get a warning when they are locked on, or they were able to know what and who killed them, the situation would be much different.

I hate to put these vehicles into missions because they can stimulate the server population. Actually, when I removed them from the stores, many players who flew them regularly left the server.

I'd like to know how other server admins deal with this problem.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #10 posted: Apr 13, 2016, 08:42 PM »

Gigatek tried to solve this by doing a shitton of custom loadouts: https://github.com/A3Armory/A3A_A3Wasteland_Sock.Altis/blob/715bc6080e938e41b6018536ef188f9bdb0f2ade/server/functions/spawnStoreObject.sqf#L243-L385

Although, most of the lines redundant and unneeded, like removing and re-adding flares or laser stuff. It should be noted that his vehicles will have twice the ammo if resupplied by a vanilla ammo vehicle. I would rather use removeMagazinesTurret + addMagazineTurret.
  • Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary
  • co founder of customcombatgaming.com

« Reply #11 posted: Apr 13, 2016, 08:54 PM »
Thanks for sharing the knowledge with us.

I don't know how it is on other servers. But on my servers, I had to make A-164, To-199 and AH-99 available only through completing missions. When they were available in vehicle stores, players in them always tried to every player-driven ground vehicles they could find, even quad bikes.

Quite a few players couldn't even understand what they were killed by. Because those planes/helicopters were flying over 1 km above the ground and over 4 km away. This greatly hurt the server population.

If players in ground vehicles could get a warning when they are locked on, or they were able to know what and who killed them, the situation would be much different.

I hate to put these vehicles into missions because they can stimulate the server population. Actually, when I removed them from the stores, many players who flew them regularly left the server.

Cre4mpies hight restriction addons works rather well at stopping those people flying at silly altitudes. You'll find a thread on here