Confusions regarding difficulty levels

Confusions regarding difficulty levels

« posted: Apr 13, 2016, 05:04 PM »
I've been using Regular as the base difficulty level of my server and adjusting individual settings within it.

I'm wondering whether the server will behave differently if I apply the same set of settings onto other difficulty levels and use them, such as veteran.

I am confused because although map icons are turned on on two different servers, they behave differently when it comes to spotting. In server A, the enemies/enemy vehicles sometimes won't even show up on the map even if I fly right over them. I need to join a group in order to have them show up. However, in server B, I don't need to be in a group. They will alwasy show up once they are in my line of sight.

Can anyone clear this up for me?
  • Offline Magic
  • First Blood

Re: Confusions regarding difficulty levels

« Reply #1 posted: Apr 13, 2016, 05:29 PM »
I believe you will have to edit a server side file in your account profile to modify the difficulty settings. That's what I did but the file location will be different from provider to provider.

« Reply #2 posted: Apr 13, 2016, 05:55 PM »
I think I post in the wrong section. :o

Yes, I was talking about the difficulty levels in .Arma3Profile. I just want to achieve the effect that players don't need to be in a group to see the icons of enemies.
  • Offline Mooney
  • First Blood

« Reply #3 posted: Apr 13, 2016, 11:34 PM »
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.armaprofile

The server has default settings for each of the four difficulty levels. If you leave them empty, Recruit will be easiest and Mercenary will be hardest with the presets.

If you fill out the levels in the .arma3profile file you can override the defaults and pretty much do whatever you want with any of the levels. Just know that leaving something out will produce a different result on Recruit than it will on Mercenary.

Make sense? It's kind of weird to work with sometimes.