Looking for assistance with installing addons.

Looking for assistance with installing addons.

« posted: May 13, 2016, 05:03 AM »
I've got my server up and running for a week or so now.  But I don't understand how to install addons for wasteland.  I want to get locks at the minimum for vehicles and stuff.  Getting vehicle repair/refill/ammo things would be nice too.
http://forums.a3wasteland.com/index.php?topic=943.0
I've looked at the source code, only to be confused more... do I need the whole mission file?  Is it the same, but with the vehicle locks added in?  I wanna say there were less addons in a addon folder or something.

Is the view distance settings a part of a addon?  I want to have a high view distance option.

Is anyone else bugged by the size of their mission.pbo?  6MB seems a bit extreme to me.

Off topic, but might be related to a addon?  My exile server got 50 solid fps and had way more going on, why is wasteland getting 17-20 fps average?  I've disabled object spawning.  cpu is a amd 640 propus... I know it sucks but it does work for 5+ players... (need to draw more of a crowd)

...How do I install the car lock addon?

Thanks,
    Higgins909
  • Offline Mokey
  • Fractured Wasteland
  • Elite
  • Https://Fractured-Gaming.com

Re: Looking for assistance with installing addons.

« Reply #1 posted: May 13, 2016, 07:59 PM »
No, you just need to put the addon where it goes in the mission PBO. such as addons/vactions/
once you add that you will need to add the code into the other necessary files to get it to run.

You can edit the default viewdistance in the PBO, || you can use addons such as tawVD or CHVD to edit/limit view distance.

6MB seems about normal for mission sizes, My mission runs at 6.8mb for stratis and 7.01mb for Altis.

Wasteland has A LOT going on. So FPS drop is normal. It's always a work in progress to raise the FPS. However there are things you can do to help, such as Disabling vehicle saving, removing un-needed addons, Server.cfg settings and many other things.

The car lock addon would be from micovery's vaction addon. There are updated versions of it everywhere. You just need to find a .git and update it from there.
Posts once, edits post 40 times in 60 seconds. STUPID FAT FINGERS!

« Reply #2 posted: May 14, 2016, 02:51 AM »
I go to that link in post 1 and don't know what to do.  Where in the pbo can I moddify the short normal and far view distances?  The only place I know to find addons is this website in the addons part... but no idea how to download and install them...

« Reply #3 posted: May 17, 2016, 05:07 AM »
Bump.  Still need help... I don't know how to download the vacation addon.
  • Offline Mokey
  • Fractured Wasteland
  • Elite
  • Https://Fractured-Gaming.com

« Reply #4 posted: May 17, 2016, 05:15 PM »
https://github.com/micovery/ArmA3_Wasteland.Altis/pull/32/commits

you don't really... download them. you have to manually make a script or add it to a script.
Posts once, edits post 40 times in 60 seconds. STUPID FAT FINGERS!