Moving Stores. How to get position?

Moving Stores. How to get position?

« posted: Jun 06, 2016, 02:10 PM »
Hello All.

We'd like to move the stores around a bit to mix things up, but I am having a hard time figuring out how the coordinate system works.

The coordinates on the Map and Editor are 4 digits each, and the ones in the "storeOwners.sqf" look way different.

// Name, Building Position, Desk Direction (or [Desk Direction, Front Offset]), Excluded Buttons

Getting the "Desk Direction" is no brain teaser, assuming it's the azimuth as I think it is.

But, "Building Position" with just "1" digit.... I'm lost.

In one forum someone said, "play around with it" but that is such a time consuming an illogical process.

There has to be a way to be able to identify the "building", "room" etc?

I would also like to know how to add extra buildings added via the editor to the lootspawner or wherever needed to be able to place a new store.

Pretty Please.

Kind Regards

SpeedBirdNam

Re: Moving Stores. How to get position?

« Reply #1 posted: Jun 06, 2016, 03:23 PM »
To move stores, try this way.
Then, your store NPC do NOT have an inventory chest nor the desktop.

But in combination with your 2nd question, it's easy to rebuild these shops as you want. An example, how we re-built one of our vehicle shops. (u can also give them some animation)

Also u can change the "shop system", too. Not every single shop somewhere, but a black market, where u can find every shop. In front of them signs etc. Surrounded by a trigger, which tells the entering player: "calm down, take a break, don't shoot. Maybe you'll find peace .."

101 Editor. There u have nearly everything of buildings, items, funritures, miscs.

• Enable this mod client side
    open your editor and place whatever u want
    Save the mission.sqm, put it in your pbo
    upload this to your server
    disable 101 Mod again and play

The mod is NOT needed to  play on a 101 edited server.

« Reply #2 posted: Jun 06, 2016, 05:05 PM »
Awesome. Thank you so much.

Will try it immediately.

« Reply #3 posted: Jun 18, 2016, 11:53 PM »
Just wanted to post an update on this issue I had, it is working and I understand it now.

I was under the misconception that "Building Position" meant the position of the building on the map.

Eventually I realized from a Basic Mission Building Introduction I did ones, there are positions within the building.

Placed the "Store" owner in the building and with the 3D editor and played around with the "Building Position" between 0,1,2 and 3 until the guy was where in the building I wanted him.

Was actually quite straight forward ones I understood the mechanics.

Regards

SpeedBirdNam
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #4 posted: Jun 19, 2016, 08:56 PM »
if you look at the Tanoa store config you will see I have completely ditched out building positions in favor of manual editor placement. you just put the guy where you want it, set the storeOwnerConfig position to -1 and direction to [] and you're done.

« Reply #5 posted: Jun 20, 2016, 04:52 PM »
Yeah I had modified the gun store placement code awhile back.
I made it so that if the position was 99 then it took manual placement for the character.
This allows for the best of both worlds.

I also removed some of that old code related to reposition of the gun store guy in blown up buildings.
As the building no longer blew up there was no reason for the code.  Also linked the crate to the gun store guy and removed the constant positional updating of the character.

You can find my old code at :
https://github.com/Motavar/ArmA3_Wasteland.Chernarus

• Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #6 posted: Jun 20, 2016, 05:07 PM »
linked the crate to the gun store guy

attaching the crate to anything prevents players from putting stuff in it.

« Reply #7 posted: Jun 20, 2016, 05:32 PM »
hmm, didn't seem to have a prob back on my cherno map.
I'll check my tanoa stuff out.