Need help adding mods and rcon setup on hosted server.

Need help adding mods and rcon setup on hosted server.

« posted: Jul 15, 2016, 06:29 PM »
Hello all.

We have a hosted server and I'm trying to accomplish 2 new tasks I haven't done before.

1. RCON: The "BEServer.cfg" file is in the BattleEye directory. The path that GameServers (where our server is hosted) added to the server startup is:

-bepath=C:\games\"Server_IP"_2302\1306900\arma3\battleye

And they changed the port to 2302 which doesn't look right to me as BIS forums said to avoid the default Arma ports for RCON saying it should be 2301, 2306 etc. When I change it in .CFG and startup to 2301 it doesn't connect. If I leave it on 2302, it connects but doesn't show the players in DART.

I just really don't understand how, if the public IP address of the main server is in this field without the eg. @123456 that we have to add when connecting to our server via FTP, how does RCON know which one of the 20 odd hosted Arma (virtual) servers it's supposed to connect to?

2. MODS: I am trying to add ACRE2, but not sure if I should add it to the root folder and add it in the startup line, or add it to the Adons folder and call it in the "init.sqf" file or something.

Thank you in advance.

SpeedBirdNam
  • Offline Violt
  • Geared Up

Re: Need help adding mods and rcon setup on hosted server.

« Reply #1 posted: Aug 08, 2016, 07:05 PM »
put this in your BEserver.Cfg

RConIP 127.0.0.1
RConPort 2306
RConPassword mypassword

"dont put this in your cfg (about the rconip 127.0.0.1 its like your local it doesnt work if you put ur public addres there so if u connect to DART set the ip to 127.0.0.1)"

Re: Need help adding mods and rcon setup on hosted server.

« Reply #2 posted: Aug 09, 2016, 03:44 PM »
Thank Violt.

We eventually got it working.

Like I said, it is a "Hosted Server" not local, so we do have to use the IP, but ended up having to use port 2305, as it seems the host was blocking the other ports.

Regards

SpeedBirdNam.