New Storage/Parking

New Storage/Parking

« posted: Jul 16, 2016, 06:39 AM »
In config.cfg under storage it looks as if this is meant to add both markers and the container class to all cities in a building, correct?

I'm wondering why on my Tanoa server I'm good whereas my Stratis server I have none of these spawning. My Stratis server I still need to update to Apex for my mission, so thinking this may be it, but I also realize that there are actual markers for parking/storage within the mission.sqm of Tanoa.

Where should I be looking to add in additional parking/storage locations? I'd like to pick these out manually. Are these actually done via mission.sqm? If so, I don't see any references to "Supply500" for example. I've merged in all the changes from the latest branch, save for my custom missions and addons as well as my mission.sqm, obviously.

Any help here would be appreciated or even just point me in the right direction if you could.

Thanks,
Dag.

Edit: I'm dumb. Looks like it is the same placement as the genstore and the like. I'll have these added tomorrow.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

Re: New Storage/Parking

« Reply #1 posted: Jul 16, 2016, 05:21 PM »
You are supposed to import the VanillaLayer into your SQM, this is mandatory to get parking working on all maps, and storage on Stratis.

Parking locations are defined thru markers, the marker must be placed strictly on Industrial Sheds:

Land_i_Shed_Ind_F
Land_SM_01_shed_F

Storage locations are computed automatically, the map is scanned for certain building types:

Land_i_Garage_V2_F  (Altis)
Land_Shed_06_F  (Altis & Tanoa)
Land_Warehouse_03_F  (Tanoa)

It is possible to manually create a new storage location from the editor by creating an object of the types:

Land_Pallet_MilBoxes_F
Land_PaperBox_closed_F
Land_PaperBox_open_empty_F
Land_PaperBox_open_full_F

with the following init:

Code: [Select]
[this] call A3W_fnc_setupMissionObject; this setVariable ['is_storage', true]

« Reply #2 posted: Jul 17, 2016, 05:36 PM »
You are supposed to import the VanillaLayer into your SQM, this is mandatory to get parking working on all maps, and storage on Stratis.

Parking locations are defined thru markers, the marker must be placed strictly on Industrial Sheds ("Land_i_Shed_Ind_F" and "Land_SM_01_shed_F")

Storage locations are computed automatically, the map is scanned for certain building types:

"Land_i_Garage_V2_F" (present on Altis only)
"Land_Shed_06_F" (present on Altis and Tanoa)
"Land_Warehouse_03_F" (present on Tanoa only)

It is possible to manually create a new storage location from the editor by creating an object of the types:

"Land_PaperBox_open_full_F"
"Land_Pallet_MilBoxes_F"
"Land_PaperBox_open_empty_F"
"Land_PaperBox_closed_F"

with the following init:

Code: [Select]
[this] call A3W_fnc_setupMissionObject; this setVariable ['is_storage', true]

Thanks for this. Huge help.

Used your guide to port over to Apex for my older server and it worked well, then went and brought over the vanilla layer, tweaked a ton of mission markers and the like, then worked out well.

Adding in the resupply trucks from Tanoa over to this and getting rid of my old rearm/resupply script in favor of the included one from that. A+

My parking markers do not appear to be showing up. Everything else is working and I've no errors in my .rpt, either. I literally copied over the entire vanilla layer from the stock mission (can do so in editor now, super helpful as I don't have to touch ID #'s in the mission.sqm anymore.)

Thanks again.

« Reply #3 posted: Aug 04, 2016, 02:19 PM »
Same issue.

Parking doesn't show up on Map.

But in our case, we can't even access the store.

Would love to get it up and running.

Regards

SpeedBirdNam