Make an addon optional.

Make an addon optional.

« posted: Aug 02, 2016, 11:20 AM »
Hello All.

We have recently started running ACRE2 on our server as an addon.

It seems however that, even though it states on the server's listed name "ACRE2 Mod Required", most people don't notice or read this, try to connect, get kicked by the server and don't try to reconnect. Our server is still small at the moment, and we don't really want to loose players, but would also love to be able to keep ACRE2.

The server.cfg has been set to: verifySignatures = 0;

But when trying to connect without the addon, it still says something to the effect of:

"you can't edit/play this mission, a required mod acre_api has been deleted"

Is there a way to make something like ACRE2, which has modules in the mission.sqm file, optional so that players who don't have the addon will still be allowed to connect?

Hoping to hear from you soon. Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

SpeedBirdNam
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

Re: Make an addon optional.

« Reply #1 posted: Aug 02, 2016, 06:07 PM »
I don't know if that's a good idea, iirc the radios are CfgWeapons classes, and it will very likely cause errors. In any case, you might want to try putting the ACRE stuff in -serverMod= param instead of just -mod=

« Reply #2 posted: Aug 02, 2016, 11:00 PM »
Hello AgentRev. Thank you for the reply. I am still learning new stuff as I go along.

I will give it a go and get back to you. Should this still work even if the ACRE2 mods have been place inside the mission.sqf file?

Regards

SpeedBirdNam.

I don't know if that's a good idea, iirc the radios are CfgWeapons classes, and it will very likely cause errors. In any case, you might want to try putting the ACRE stuff in -serverMod= param instead of just -mod=
AgentRe

« Reply #3 posted: Aug 03, 2016, 11:39 AM »
Sorry still no go.

It is a hosted server not dedicated, but I changed the server command line to:

-servermod=@acre2;@CBA_A3

But still get: "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.acre_api"

as per attached screenshot when connecting with the addons disabled.

Regards

SpeedBirdNam

• Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #4 posted: Aug 03, 2016, 11:46 AM »
yup, impossible then. sorry