TANOA PBO PACKING

TANOA PBO PACKING

« posted: Oct 16, 2016, 06:23 PM »
I'm pretty new to starting dedicated servers and I'm trying to start a Wasteland Tanoa server with TADST v.3.0.0. I managed to get the server to work with old pbo file Stratis Wasteland v.1.2b from here: https://github.com/A3Wasteland/Release_Files

The problem I'm having is packing the Tanoa pbo file from here: https://github.com/A3Wasteland/ArmA3_Wasteland.Tanoa

I have tried different programs to pack it (BinPBO, PboView0.8 and Pbo Manager v14.)  and every time I try to join the server using my packed pbo the server crashes and says it can't read the mission.

I tried searching this forum and google and I couldn't find any guide or manual to packing pbo files, only comments on forums like "use this program" and such. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Maybe a link to a guide or even better ready pbo file for Tanoa. :) Thanks

Re: TANOA PBO PACKING

« Reply #1 posted: Oct 16, 2016, 06:28 PM »
Have u edited the downloaded file's name from ArmA3_Wasteland.Tanoa-dev to ArmA3_Wasteland.Tanoa?
  • Offline Mokey
  • Fractured Wasteland
  • Elite
  • Https://Fractured-Gaming.com

« Reply #2 posted: Oct 17, 2016, 02:50 AM »
What does the server .RPT say?

The server rpt will be your bread and butter finding easy errors as such. If your server won't launch, there's a reason why. Looking into that will most likely tell you what or where the issue lies.

For a new server owner, it's essential you look at it when you have errors. It will save you a lot of headache.
Posts once, edits post 40 times in 60 seconds. STUPID FAT FINGERS!

« Reply #3 posted: Oct 17, 2016, 04:30 PM »
What does the server .RPT say?

The server rpt will be your bread and butter finding easy errors as such. If your server won't launch, there's a reason why. Looking into that will most likely tell you what or where the issue lies.

For a new server owner, it's essential you look at it when you have errors. It will save you a lot of headache.

Here is the servers .RPT file. http://pastebin.com/7d5zZkwF I don't know what to look for in it. What does it look like, can you spot the problem? Thank you for helping.

« Reply #4 posted: Oct 17, 2016, 04:34 PM »
Have u edited the downloaded file's name from ArmA3_Wasteland.Tanoa-dev to ArmA3_Wasteland.Tanoa?

Yes, I did rename it.

« Reply #5 posted: Oct 17, 2016, 04:57 PM »
I got it to work. I tried using PboView0.8 again to make a new ArmA3_Wasteland.Tanoa.pbo and it was about 1000kt bigger file than the one I got from packing it in BinPBO. I'm not really sure why but the server works now. :)
  • Offline Mokey
  • Fractured Wasteland
  • Elite
  • Https://Fractured-Gaming.com

« Reply #6 posted: Oct 18, 2016, 03:34 AM »
That only seems to be a partial RPT log, never the less, glad you got it working.
Posts once, edits post 40 times in 60 seconds. STUPID FAT FINGERS!
  • Offline Vapr0
  • Geared Up

« Reply #7 posted: Oct 18, 2016, 05:41 AM »
remove -dev from the end of tanoa.

I am able to run my server without it being in a pbo. in-fact i think it not suppose to be in pbo
  • Offline Vapr0
  • Geared Up

« Reply #8 posted: Oct 18, 2016, 08:45 AM »
^ would edit this post, but edit post doesn't work for me.

You can run your server without pbo, but your custom vehicle textures (defaults do) won't load after server restart

also, check your tadst RPT log (the monitor icon on the first page)

and also tell us how you installed all of it, if you can. that would help us way better to give you the best help