A3W Global Bans

Re: A3W Global Bans

« Reply #15 posted: Nov 08, 2016, 07:42 PM »
What if there was an extension (Like extdb) that could interact with A3 global bans web service. It would make A3 global bans data directly available to mission.

There could be in game notifications/information regarding people that have been banned on other servers. In fact admins from any server could add/view comments about a player.

So for servers that don't necessarily want to trust all bans, they could at least get players flagged as a high risk.
  • Offline Mokey
  • Fractured Wasteland
  • Elite
  • Https://Fractured-Gaming.com

« Reply #16 posted: Nov 09, 2016, 04:30 AM »
Definite possibility... Probably try working on it after the Register Site and Rcon.
Posts once, edits post 40 times in 60 seconds. STUPID FAT FINGERS!
  • Offline soulkobk
  • Hardened
  • soulkobk.blogspot.com.au

« Reply #17 posted: Nov 10, 2016, 03:03 AM »
Again, nice effort Mokey.

Like @Centrifugal suggested, a more plug-and-play option would be a nice option to have for server owners so that it takes a 'fair chunk' of the manual part out of it (updating/downloading/merging the bans list).

Having a .dll and script(s) do a regular timed-interval check for updated/new bans (or even live feeds) would be great. More automation, less manual. Therefore any given server running said .dll and script(s)... would automatically be notified (in-game systemChat? and rpt log entry) when a new (or updated) ban has been made.

I think with some brain-storming this idea could develop in to something that would be used 'by default' by many A3 servers given that it would be a fairly easily achieved plug-n-play. As one of the major down-sides to each A3 server (whatever mod/mission) is that ban lists are server-only, not global... therefore a ban on one server would just mean said cheater could go directly to another server and do it all again... bit of a 'major' loop-hole IMO.

Another thing I would suggest is that any 'legit ban' that is placed by an authorized administrator can NOT be overturned by anyone else but the person who placed the ban. Maybe an entry for who placed the ban, time of the ban, server name, server country location, etc etc (as much information as possible) would be great also... not just GUID/BAN TIME/REASON.

Anyway... great effort thus far.

-soul.
  • Offline Mokey
  • Fractured Wasteland
  • Elite
  • Https://Fractured-Gaming.com

« Reply #18 posted: Nov 10, 2016, 02:43 PM »
Early alpha has been posted an released:
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31905

@ soulkobk
Yes, there will be a lot of changes, but I need to know if others are going to use it to begin with. Hence the alpha release, in no one uses it, then there's no point. So I need bans posted to collect enough data to ensure its a project everyone will get into.

There's a lot of stuff I have planned, but don't want to put time into it if it's not worth while.
Posts once, edits post 40 times in 60 seconds. STUPID FAT FINGERS!