Vehicle saving problem

Vehicle saving problem

« posted: Dec 29, 2016, 09:25 AM »

Hi People
a recent problem has occurred and i cant for the devil of me find out why.

Peoples saved vehicles are not spawning. yes they are being saved as i can clearly see them in the database. but its not spawning them. heres a snip it of the rpt to show that vehicle saving is on and heres my full rpt .. any help would be gratefully received   

http://pastebin.com/qM00mR0Z

Just to add this was working fine but for a couple of weeks this has now stopped without anything changed

Also this is only affecting vehicles. not objects, money Items etc

"[extDB2] Initialized SQL_CUSTOM_V2 protocol"
 7:39:20 "[extDB2] Environment setup..."
 7:39:20 "[extDB2] Locked"
 7:39:20 "[extDB2] Startup complete!"
 7:39:20 "[INFO] A3W playerSaving = ON"
 7:39:20 "[INFO] A3W baseSaving = ON"
 7:39:20 "[INFO] A3W vehicleSaving = ON"
 7:39:20 "[INFO] A3W boxSaving = ON"
 7:39:20 "[INFO] A3W staticWeaponSaving = ON"
 7:39:20 "[INFO] A3W cctvCameraSaving = ON"
 7:39:20 "[INFO] A3W warchestSaving = ON"
 7:39:20 "[INFO] A3W warchestMoneySaving = ON"
 7:39:20 "[INFO] A3W spawnBeaconSaving = ON"
 7:39:20 "[INFO] A3W camoNetSaving = ON"
 7:39:20 "[INFO] A3W timeSaving = ON"
 7:39:20 "[INFO] A3W weatherSaving = ON"
 7:39:21 "[INFO] A3W hcObjSaving = OFF"

Re: Vehicle saving problem

« Reply #1 posted: Dec 29, 2016, 10:52 PM »
update to this ..

I had a backup of the servervehicles table.. i deleted the current 1 and imported the backup and now seems to work fine.

I cannot tell you what has changed and why it works .

Moral to the story make backups and if anything goes wrong you can easily re instate your recent database

« Reply #2 posted: Jan 06, 2017, 09:44 AM »
this has come back to haunt me and is real frustrating now as the delete and re insert data into database no longer works i have found this error and i think it could be related but i am clueless how to fix and the thing that gets to me nothing was changed before this happend

if ((_queryResult select 0) isEqualTo 0) exit>
  Error position: <_queryResult select 0) isEqualTo 0) exit>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _queryresult
File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\persistence\server\setup\extDB\async_database.sqf, line 63
Error in expression <
_vehicles pushBack _vehData;
} forEach _result;

_vehicles
>
  Error position: <_result;

_vehicles
>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _result
File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\persistence\server\world\extDB\getVehicles.sqf, line 62
"A3Wasteland - world persistence loaded 0 vehicles from extDB"

any help would be appreciated

« Reply #3 posted: Jan 09, 2017, 01:57 PM »
from you rpt log above - line 6292 (i searched for "extdb" in your log) shows that a incorrect array is making you problems. so i think you save "garbage" into the db and when this garbage is restored the loading script fails.

you could also check the extdb logfiles (eg: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\extDB\logs\2017\1\08\09-33-31.log)

I also see several script errors in the rpt logs - so these should also be cleaned up. i would suggest to run arma with the "-showscripterrors" parameter (can be set in launcher) whenever you play on your server. or even play your mission on your own pc as a server to see where errors occur serverside and fix them.

« Reply #4 posted: Jan 09, 2017, 08:43 PM »
thanks for your reply im going to look into this at the weekend but heres a pastebin of that log you mentioned it does look very messy :(

http://pastebin.com/6Kk2mXdw
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #5 posted: Jan 11, 2017, 05:56 PM »
You have weird syntax errors in your saved data:

Code: [Select]
["Laserbatterie,[],0,0,0]
I don't know why this corruption would happen, but there are only 2 possible reasons: the data was erroneously altered by hand, or there is a character escaping issue somewhere (which is unlikely since I've never seen this in 2 years)

The errors in your extDB log are unrelated to vehicles, and can be ignored.

« Reply #6 posted: Jan 11, 2017, 10:27 PM »
thanks AgentRev im still scratching my head im thinking of doing a vehicle save wipe and starting again to see if this helps