Vehicle saving problem

Vehicle saving problem

« posted: Dec 29, 2016, 09:25 AM »

Hi People
a recent problem has occurred and i cant for the devil of me find out why.

Peoples saved vehicles are not spawning. yes they are being saved as i can clearly see them in the database. but its not spawning them. heres a snip it of the rpt to show that vehicle saving is on and heres my full rpt .. any help would be gratefully received

Just to add this was working fine but for a couple of weeks this has now stopped without anything changed

Also this is only affecting vehicles. not objects, money Items etc

"[extDB2] Initialized SQL_CUSTOM_V2 protocol"
 7:39:20 "[extDB2] Environment setup..."
 7:39:20 "[extDB2] Locked"
 7:39:20 "[extDB2] Startup complete!"
 7:39:20 "[INFO] A3W playerSaving = ON"
 7:39:20 "[INFO] A3W baseSaving = ON"
 7:39:20 "[INFO] A3W vehicleSaving = ON"
 7:39:20 "[INFO] A3W boxSaving = ON"
 7:39:20 "[INFO] A3W staticWeaponSaving = ON"
 7:39:20 "[INFO] A3W cctvCameraSaving = ON"
 7:39:20 "[INFO] A3W warchestSaving = ON"
 7:39:20 "[INFO] A3W warchestMoneySaving = ON"
 7:39:20 "[INFO] A3W spawnBeaconSaving = ON"
 7:39:20 "[INFO] A3W camoNetSaving = ON"
 7:39:20 "[INFO] A3W timeSaving = ON"
 7:39:20 "[INFO] A3W weatherSaving = ON"
 7:39:21 "[INFO] A3W hcObjSaving = OFF"

Re: Vehicle saving problem

« Reply #1 posted: Dec 29, 2016, 10:52 PM »
update to this ..

I had a backup of the servervehicles table.. i deleted the current 1 and imported the backup and now seems to work fine.

I cannot tell you what has changed and why it works .

Moral to the story make backups and if anything goes wrong you can easily re instate your recent database

« Reply #2 posted: Jan 06, 2017, 09:44 AM »
this has come back to haunt me and is real frustrating now as the delete and re insert data into database no longer works i have found this error and i think it could be related but i am clueless how to fix and the thing that gets to me nothing was changed before this happend

if ((_queryResult select 0) isEqualTo 0) exit>
  Error position: <_queryResult select 0) isEqualTo 0) exit>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _queryresult
File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\persistence\server\setup\extDB\async_database.sqf, line 63
Error in expression <
_vehicles pushBack _vehData;
} forEach _result;

Error position: <_result;

Error Undefined variable in expression: _result
File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\persistence\server\world\extDB\getVehicles.sqf, line 62
"A3Wasteland - world persistence loaded 0 vehicles from extDB"

any help would be appreciated

« Reply #3 posted: Jan 09, 2017, 01:57 PM »
from you rpt log above - line 6292 (i searched for "extdb" in your log) shows that a incorrect array is making you problems. so i think you save "garbage" into the db and when this garbage is restored the loading script fails.

you could also check the extdb logfiles (eg: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\extDB\logs\2017\1\08\09-33-31.log)

I also see several script errors in the rpt logs - so these should also be cleaned up. i would suggest to run arma with the "-showscripterrors" parameter (can be set in launcher) whenever you play on your server. or even play your mission on your own pc as a server to see where errors occur serverside and fix them.

« Reply #4 posted: Jan 09, 2017, 08:43 PM »
thanks for your reply im going to look into this at the weekend but heres a pastebin of that log you mentioned it does look very messy :(
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #5 posted: Jan 11, 2017, 05:56 PM »
You have weird syntax errors in your saved data:

Code: [Select]
I don't know why this corruption would happen, but there are only 2 possible reasons: the data was erroneously altered by hand, or there is a character escaping issue somewhere (which is unlikely since I've never seen this in 2 years)

The errors in your extDB log are unrelated to vehicles, and can be ignored.

« Reply #6 posted: Jan 11, 2017, 10:27 PM »
thanks AgentRev im still scratching my head im thinking of doing a vehicle save wipe and starting again to see if this helps