CTD when selling Assault backpack from crate

CTD when selling Assault backpack from crate

« posted: Jul 22, 2014, 11:00 PM »
I get a CTD when i sell an Assault Backpack from the General Store crate, i havent went tru them all but im pretty sure i can sell them in the store menu and everything is fine. I tested the next backpack from the list which i belive is the Field Pack and that works fine to sell from crate.

Can anyone confirm? Put an Assault Pack in the store crate (i was at generalstore in Agia Marina) and select "sell crate items"

Thanks

Edit.
Also seems to apply to the Kitbag, Bergen and Carry all.

Funny thing is that the "auto sell" worked i think but im really tired now so i may have forget what the item in the crate was
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

Re: CTD when selling Assault backpack from crate

« Reply #1 posted: Jul 22, 2014, 11:10 PM »
Unfortunately I can't fix CTDs myself, but if we circle out the specifics then we'll be able to submit a bug report to BIS.

« Reply #2 posted: Jul 22, 2014, 11:26 PM »
Will test some more with the autosell function tomorrow but it seems that all backpack sell fine from within the store menu but its only the Field Pack that sell ok out of the Sell Crate. Dont remember  which one sold ok (without CTD) with the autosell function.

Im asking for confirmation because you know me, cant keep my fat fingers from the files ;-), so my guess its my fault =).

Will test with a vanilla Stratis revive beta to tomorrow if no one beats me to it.

Thanks again
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #3 posted: Jul 23, 2014, 04:43 AM »
I did some testing, and I managed to track it down to being caused by showing the confirmation message box and immediately calling clearBackpackCargo after... Both of these seem to work fine on their own, but if they're called in the same thread then it CTDs for some reason...

I made a workaround by spawning the clearing commands in a new thread, however little sense does that make.

« Reply #4 posted: Jul 23, 2014, 09:51 AM »
Thanks, i thought that it was my own error as usual =).

I did try to sell the "Field Pack" a couple of times, why did that work or was it just timing?
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #5 posted: Jul 23, 2014, 12:43 PM »
You'll have to ask BIS for that one.