how to lock our personal mission?

• Offline Carlos
  • First Blood

how to lock our personal mission?

« posted: Jul 24, 2014, 10:51 AM »
Hi there, I am just a normal server owner who come from China holding a wasteland server, our mission used the a3wasteland as the foundational mission and further modified it and eventually it has it's own characteristics, but unfortunately numerous of server owners from other servers wanted to steal our mission without our permit ion, so I would like to know is there any methods to lock our server which can crucially prevent other people use it :)
  • Offline CREAMPIE
  • Armaholic
  • Veteran
  • ^_^;;

Re: how to lock our personal mission?

« Reply #1 posted: Jul 24, 2014, 12:49 PM »
I am sure you can encrypt your mission files , however , my understanding of the A3W mission files are they are there to be shared with the community , unlike other Wasteland mods that encrypt their mission files.

I have added lots of mods and shared lots of mods with other people on this forum, I don't really understand why you would want to keep any great additions to yourself ;)

Each to their own I guess. I am sure if you google "encrypt mission file arma 3" you will find something.

- from the grassy knoll -
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #2 posted: Jul 24, 2014, 01:00 PM »
You can't encrypt the mission file. To protect it, you would have to use an obfuscator like SaMatra, and I don't think there is a public one available. If you pack the PBO using Mikero's MakePBO, it will compress certain files, making the missions impossible to unpack correctly using third-party tools, but the Arma 3 Tools can unpack them correctly anyway.
  • Offline JoSchaap
  • Developer
  • Mercenary
  • Had a life.. Got a modem.. (~1996)

« Reply #3 posted: Jul 24, 2014, 02:31 PM »
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #4 posted: Jul 24, 2014, 04:00 PM »
Yes, that too.
  • Offline CREAMPIE
  • Armaholic
  • Veteran
  • ^_^;;

« Reply #5 posted: Jul 24, 2014, 07:53 PM »
You can't encrypt the mission file. To protect it, you would have to use an obfuscator like SaMatra, and I don't think there is a public one available. If you pack the PBO using Mikero's MakePBO, it will compress certain files, making the missions impossible to unpack correctly using third-party tools, but the Arma 3 Tools can unpack them correctly anyway.

By encrypting I mean like Sa-Matra's mission files are all derpy if you extract the PBO using 3rd party tools.

- from the grassy knoll -
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #6 posted: Jul 24, 2014, 08:24 PM »
By encrypting I mean like Sa-Matra's mission files are all derpy if you extract the PBO using 3rd party tools.

Yes, that's called compression.
  • Offline psg
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #7 posted: Jul 18, 2016, 03:54 PM »
There are wasteland server doing this now using the A3 mission file.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #8 posted: Jul 18, 2016, 03:57 PM »
care to be more precise?
  • Offline psg
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #9 posted: Jul 18, 2016, 04:22 PM »
I'm not sure who it is. All i can tell you is their mission file is named A3A_A3Wasteland_1.3b_3.Tanoa. The description.ext is I think compressed or encrypted as it is unreadable and so is the mission.sqm. I wanted to look through it to check out the vehicle clean up script times but couldnt read the description.ext.

I can post the mission file if you like.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #10 posted: Jul 18, 2016, 04:29 PM »
it's simple binarized compression, you need to use BankRev from the Arma 3 Tools to properly decompress the mission
  • Offline psg
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #11 posted: Jul 18, 2016, 04:33 PM »
Awesome, Thanks for that. I always wondered how they did this.