Make vehicles spawn a bit higher

• Offline night
  • First Blood

Make vehicles spawn a bit higher

« posted: Feb 26, 2018, 04:54 PM »
Since latest? arma update purchased and spawned vehicles spawn in the ground a bit and explode.
Players reporting things like "I parked a Huron and called it out and half the thing was in the ground".
What is a good way to make them spawn just a bit higher? Or maybe spawn them with godmode for few seconds?
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

Re: Make vehicles spawn a bit higher

« Reply #1 posted: Feb 26, 2018, 10:44 PM »
It's not "Since latest? arma update", it has been happening since 2013, everything has been attempted already. There are numerous discussions on this subject both on forums and GitHub. There is no fix. You could make vehicles spawn 10 meters in the air, when they fall back down and you get in them they will still explode regardless. Temporary godmode has been tried too, doesn't work still explodes. UAV also randomly explode when you take control.
  • Offline night
  • First Blood

« Reply #2 posted: Feb 26, 2018, 10:46 PM »
I see, thank you for you response and that you care! Arma...
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #3 posted: Feb 26, 2018, 10:54 PM »
Seriously, any vehicle might explode for no particular reason whatsoever. If you fart a little too loud the car you drive might explode. Change seat? Explosion. Speed bump? Explosion. I swear, all the vehicles in this damn game are filled with dynamite.
  • Offline night
  • First Blood

« Reply #4 posted: Feb 26, 2018, 10:56 PM »
I've got the same issues on my exile server. There spawning them a bit above the ground helps somehow. But yeah, boom boom  :-\

« Reply #5 posted: Feb 27, 2018, 03:47 AM »
I've noticed it's not just one problem but several, that have the same basic outcome.