Adding seperate StoreConfig for trader

Adding seperate StoreConfig for trader

« posted: Mar 07, 2018, 06:34 PM »
I have been playing around with a script I came across that will create a random trader location throughout the map. Currently I am using some code from A3Armory which let's you have mission only items which cannot be bought in the stores. My plan is to keep those items mission only but allow them to be bought as well only at this random traders location. I tried messing around with it but kept coming up short.

In the trader file it calls the gunstore as so      [] call loadGunStore;

I copy the StoreConfig.cfg and make a blackStoreConfig.cfg keeping only the arrays that I need for the mission only items but available to buy in this cfg.

So what I did was pretty much replicate the gunStore folder and rename it blackStore. Same with the file loadGunStore rename to loadBlackStore and adjust some of the other files and lines inside to try and point to the new store config. Remove the mission only checks that it does. I also have tried renaming the arrays incase it trys to get the arrays from the other store config.

I add this in the clientcompile so then in the trader it can call loadBlackStore;
loadBlackStore = "client\systems\blackStore\loadBlackStore.sqf" call mf_compile;

I have tried to make sense of this previous post and apply some of it to what I am trying to do but either the store list will be bugged or it will just show the regular store config with the mission only items cannot be bought.

http://forums.a3wasteland.com/index.php?topic=319.15

Being as I am really new to this, this is the point where I could use someone who really knows what they are looking at. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Re: Adding seperate StoreConfig for trader

« Reply #1 posted: Mar 08, 2018, 07:23 AM »
Theres a lot involved in creating new stores. I made a base parts store on my server. it was getting too big to be just one button in the gen store.

To start with you'll need to:
What you want to do is add a new array to the original storeconfig. Something like BlackMarketArray or something like that. Using the existing format, add in all the things you want that trader to have. Then copy one of the existing store folders from client/systems and rename it to whatever you want to name your start, I'm assuming something like BlackMarket, and make sure you rename all the files inside to match (so you can't confuse yourself later).

There's a bunch more steps, but it's really too much to list out in a quick forums post. Just replicate/duplicate whatever was already done for the existing store you copied, just changing the name to match your new store.

« Reply #2 posted: Mar 08, 2018, 08:21 PM »
Thanks Monkey! Now I think I got a better understanding. I was on the right track, just over complicated shit and made a mess. I'll start from scratch again and let you know how it works out. Appreciate the input!

« Reply #3 posted: Apr 28, 2018, 07:02 PM »
Wanted to update this that I did manage to get exactly what I wanted working. So there are "Mission Only" items/weapons I have setup so they cannot be bought at any of the regular GunStore's and be found only in missions. However, I have a random trader script that pops a random trader/gunstore location up somewhere on the map. At this random gunstore you are able to only buy those items that are still excluded in regular stores but for a higher price if you wish to not try and get them in missions. It's basically the Black Market Store I have been trying to make. Thank you guys for the input.

« Reply #4 posted: Apr 30, 2018, 10:16 PM »
Care to share the scripts :)

« Reply #5 posted: Aug 19, 2018, 06:37 PM »

and when it appears in the list, and does not appear the price of the items ?