Custom Gear Box for Wasteland

Custom Gear Box for Wasteland

« posted: Aug 14, 2014, 04:37 AM »
Okay so I am editing my wasteland mission and I want to add a custom ammo box with certain vests and backpacks and uniforms already there for my clan at base so I don't have to buy them every time at the general store. When I implement the item command in the editor in the ammo box and preview it. It works. So I leave and save it. Then I compress the file to .pbo format start the mission, But the box had none of the items I requested. Nothing actually. So then I tried to put the item commands in my servers init.sqf for custom scripts. Still nothing anyone think they can help me?  :)

Re: Custom Gear Box for Wasteland

« Reply #1 posted: Aug 14, 2014, 08:43 PM »
And this is for just the usual ammo boxes all the commands are build into the game or else it would not work in the editor. I'm only trying to make it just a bit more easy for my guys to get the uniform not weapons just uniform.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #2 posted: Aug 14, 2014, 09:34 PM »
addWeaponCargoGlobal
addMagazineCargoGlobal
addItemCargoGlobal
addBackpackCargoGlobal

Also, make sure to call "_box allowDamage false" so your box doesn't spontaneously combust if you drop it on the ground. (you can thank BIS for that)

« Reply #3 posted: Aug 14, 2014, 09:48 PM »
Thank you very much and really? The box could like blow up that's hard to imagine.

« Reply #4 posted: Aug 14, 2014, 09:57 PM »
Also when i place the boxes down they do fall a few inches from the air but they don't blow up or anything in the editor or when the mission is loaded but I will keep a look out.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #5 posted: Aug 14, 2014, 10:02 PM »
Ammo boxes are very weak, if you drop them from a balcony they will take on fire, if you run over them they will take on fire, if you jump on them they will take on fire, if you throw a rock at them they will take on fire, etc.

« Reply #6 posted: Aug 14, 2014, 10:21 PM »
Okay now I understand your logic, But this command you gave me does it go in my wastelands init.sqf?
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #7 posted: Aug 15, 2014, 12:08 AM »
It replaces the previous commands that you used in the editor to fill the crate