How can I find third-party add-on functions to add to the CfgRemoteExec_fnc.hpp?
  • Offline Animatek
  • SNET Admin
  • First Blood
  • Editor de Profesión - ArmA III Admin from Cuba

How can I find third-party add-on functions to add to the CfgRemoteExec_fnc.hpp?
For example:
Code: [Select]
class AR_Rappel_From_Heli { allowedTargets=2; };
I know it depends on the addon, but is there a general way to locate them?

In my case, today, I can't see the backpack "on my chest" on dedicated server, but in Host mode, or SP, I do can see it. I think it's because there is some function that's not added to CfgRemoteExec_fnc.hpp, that's way is not visible.
Soy administrador de ArmA III en una intranet en Cuba. No tengo experiencia en códigos ni programación, pero con ayuda he logrado un servicio eficiente y duradero, todo offline y sin internet.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran
I guess you also need to add an exception to BattlEye's remoteExec.txt, because the mod creator did not use the standard _fnc_ identifier in his function name.

Something like
!="AR_\w+? \[[\S\s]*\]"

Additionally, you will need to add a lot of these functions in CfgRemoteExec: https://github.com/sethduda/AdvancedRappelling/blob/master/addons/AR_AdvancedRappelling/functions/fn_advancedRappellingInit.sqf

It's quite stupid that the creator of AR was too lazy to provide a pre-made whitelist, it should've been his job to write it...
  • Offline Animatek
  • SNET Admin
  • First Blood
First of all, thank you.
On the other hand, my server is not on internet (it is on a big fat WLAN/LAN network), so unfortunately we do not have BattleEye. What I use is InfiStar, the AntiHacks of A3Wasteland itself and a wonderful team of moderators (the real Battle Eye). but, hey, is fun.

I asked because I need to whitelist the functions of the additional addons I use in A3Wasteland. Some of them were already there, like the ASL and TFAR, luckily for me.

I need, for example, ACE, BackPackOnChest, or Enhanced Movement. Also, I have a slight spam in the RPT, and I want to know what causes it.
Soy administrador de ArmA III en una intranet en Cuba. No tengo experiencia en códigos ni programación, pero con ayuda he logrado un servicio eficiente y duradero, todo offline y sin internet.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran
Here, I went thru his code and wrote a whitelist:
class AR_Client_Rappel_From_Heli {};
class AR_Enable_Rappelling_Animation { allowedTargets=2; };
class AR_Hide_Object_Global { allowedTargets=2; };
class AR_Hint {};
class AR_Play_Rappelling_Sounds_Global { allowedTargets=2; };
class AR_Rappel_All_Cargo {};
class AR_Rappel_From_Heli { allowedTargets=2; };
  • Offline Animatek
  • SNET Admin
  • First Blood
Here, I went thru his code and wrote a whitelist:
awesome!
  • Offline Animatek
  • SNET Admin
  • First Blood
highlighted
0:31:00 Scripting command 'attachto' is not allowed to be remotely executed
 0:31:00 Scripting command 'setvectordirandup' is not allowed to be remotely executed
 0:31:00 Scripting command 'hideobjectglobal' is not allowed to be remotely executed
 0:18:10 Scripting command 'detach' is not allowed to be remotely executed
 2:26:59 Scripting command 'setpos' is not allowed to be remotely executed
 0:31:00 Scripting function 'gom_fnc_handleresources' is not allowed to be remotely executed
 2:05:49 Scripting function 'bis_fnc_execvm' is not allowed to be remotely executed

The whole thing is attached

This was a test session.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran
Honestly, for your particular case I think it would be easier to disable the whitelist. In description.ext:
class CfgRemoteExec
{
class Functions
{
mode = 2; // 0 = block all, 1 = whitelist, 2 = allow all
};
class Commands
{
mode = 2;
};
};

WARNING: This is only for Animatek since he's on a private network. No one else should do this.
  • Offline Animatek
  • SNET Admin
  • First Blood
R'u sure 'bout da..
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran
Yes, it should be fine. Remote exec filtering is mainly done to prevent hackers from messing up the game on public servers. From what I understand, SNET users can't act like assholes otherwise their cord gets cut, and anyway they don't have access to cheat sites from the public Internet. Activating mode 2 will make it easier for you to use any mod that relies on remote exec.
  • Offline Animatek
  • SNET Admin
  • First Blood
You would be surprised at how well they are finding hacks on the internet.
It is enough to sit one day in a Wi-Fi park for a couple of hours. Some of them even have internet in their homes. They share them among themselves, and it is a matter of time for a nonconformist to dare to break the rules. The most common is the Cheat Engine, which in "low doses" is undetectable by InfiStar, and is very flexible.
These days we are going to make the jump to the version of ArmA 3 v1.88, and instead of using LumaEmu as crack, we will use a Steam emulator and an original client of the game that we bought; and an updated version of InfiStar.
In addition, a group of friends created a homemade AntiHacks that is still in development; and a Launcher, which avoids injectors, at least in theory.
The only easy thing we have is to ban them forever as the only persuasion, and still find ways to change the IP and the UID.
Most of us do not know each other personally, so we do not have that kind of trust. Remember that there are more than 150 players just for A3Wasteland scattered throughout the city, not counting those who play DayZ and Exile.
  • Offline Animatek
  • SNET Admin
  • First Blood
but do not worry, I'll go looking for and adding the functions little by little. For now, the server and the mission work.
I seem to recall that Duda posted the whitelist to the steam page for the addons.

If not I can post them.
  • Offline Animatek
  • SNET Admin
  • First Blood
@BIB_Monkey
All the thing? Share the link