Again, A Dumb Question About Lock Players Into A Faction.

• Offline Animatek
  • SNET Admin
  • First Blood
  • Editor de Profesión - ArmA III Admin from Cuba

Again, A Dumb Question About Lock Players Into A Faction.

« posted: Jan 10, 2019, 04:05 AM »
@AgentRev:

Using the playerinfo\LastSide table from DB, can I lock players in their a faction between server restarts? If I can, how?

Greatings
Soy administrador de ArmA III en una intranet en Cuba. No tengo experiencia en códigos ni programación, pero con ayuda he logrado un servicio eficiente y duradero, todo offline y sin internet.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

Re: Again, A Dumb Question About Lock Players Into A Faction.

« Reply #1 posted: Jan 10, 2019, 06:38 PM »
I guess it could be possible with some extra code, but more importantly, why? It would really suck to be stuck on a team forever...
  • Offline Animatek
  • SNET Admin
  • First Blood
  • Editor de Profesión - ArmA III Admin from Cuba

Re: Again, A Dumb Question About Lock Players Into A Faction.

« Reply #2 posted: Jan 10, 2019, 07:16 PM »
ahhahahha no...

The thing is that our users play divided into factions; I mean, they believe their NATO or CSAT role in the community. Something similar to Horde and Alliance in WoW. But sometimes a frustrated player takes advantage of that "vulnerability" to change factions and, in revenge for something, they locate enemy bases, break or steal something, and wait for the next restart to continue playing on their side. We pursue that kind of behavior and punish it, but it's better if I can avoid it from the mechanism of the game. Remember that it is the only A3Wasteland server that can be accessed and all his investment of time is there, it is hard to lose something due to indiscipline.

I have tried to imitate the "onload" code, but the client crashes or does not load. This beats me.

You may consider adding that code in an upcoming update of A3Wasteland as an optional, which can be activated and deactivated in the main_config. Something like

Code: [Select]
A3W_SaveLockFaction = 1 // In case your users are a few assholes.
Soy administrador de ArmA III en una intranet en Cuba. No tengo experiencia en códigos ni programación, pero con ayuda he logrado un servicio eficiente y duradero, todo offline y sin internet.