Adding Autonomous Weapons to Shops (Take Two)

Adding Autonomous Weapons to Shops (Take Two)

« posted: Jan 10, 2019, 05:47 AM »
 So I had a busy year and just got back to some Wasteland Scripting. To lower the "Offline Raiding" issues w/o Admin intervention I wanted to try allowing players to purchase Automated Weapons from the shops.

I added A-Weapons back to the shops (eliminated // in the shopconfig.sqf file).

The weapons Spawn in front of shop as expected for price listed.

Problems:

-They show up as a active team member (not a major issue).
  -They cannot be moved without causing an animation error that cannot be escaped.
  -They cannot be disassembled. "Cannot disassemble weapon. Use Move item option instead."

Question: Do I need to add a script/line/command/class name to any other files to get the item loadable and moveable?

*Note: I already added the classnames to the "R3F_LOG_CFG_objets_deplacables" and Transportables (with cargo accounted). The issue persists. What am I missing?

I once had this issue solved but I forgot and did not take notes. :(
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

Re: Adding Autonomous Weapons to Shops (Take Two)

« Reply #1 posted: Jan 10, 2019, 06:54 PM »
-They show up as a active team member (not a major issue).
Yes, as is intended, since they are treated as UAVs.

-They cannot be moved without causing an animation error that cannot be escaped.
I cannot replicate this problem. I did not need to edit any config, everything works fine on my end.

-They cannot be disassembled. "Cannot disassemble weapon. Use Move item option instead.
Yes, as is intended, because hackers and BattlEye.

Also note that autonomous turrets bought by indies will not attack other indie groups, like UGVs, due to engine limitations.

« Reply #2 posted: Jan 11, 2019, 12:46 AM »
 I am running a older version of Wasteland.

Question. Are the Auto-turrets now a purchasable item in later editions?

I think my overlapping codes and island ports (I have A3 Wasteland ported to just about every island old and new) are broken and I need to start fresh.

Thanks for the reply. :)
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #3 posted: Jan 13, 2019, 03:49 PM »
Are the Auto-turrets now a purchasable item in later editions?

They are disabled in the store config, but you should be able to purchase them without any issues if enabled. The UAV AI setup was quite improved in 2017, so if your mission is older than that then you might see a difference with the latest version.

« Reply #4 posted: Jan 22, 2019, 04:38 AM »
  I found my version was a bit older than I thought. So I switched to the latest and greatest.

Thanks for all the continued support and patience. I still have much to learn.