Ship Platform Usage

• Offline Sp4wN7
  • Fresh Spawn
  • mercgeist.com

Ship Platform Usage

« posted: Feb 04, 2019, 11:35 PM »
Is there a way to add the ship platform weapons systems like the Mk 41 VLS (B_Ship_MRLS_01_F), but keep players from being able to acquire ownership and move them at will? Any help with what to add on the init would be helpful!

Re: Ship Platform Usage

« Reply #1 posted: Feb 08, 2019, 08:03 AM »
That wouldn't be terribly hard. How are you envisioning them working?
  • Offline Sp4wN7
  • Fresh Spawn
  • mercgeist.com

« Reply #2 posted: Feb 11, 2019, 09:04 AM »
I would like to put the destroyer down, and then allow people to use the missile system of the Mk41 VLS (B_Ship_MRLS_01_F). I know how to put it on the map, but I forgot how to prevent the acquisition / ownership by a player and then subsequent movement of the item. Thanks for the reply btw.

« Reply #3 posted: Feb 13, 2019, 06:39 AM »
To prevent players from moving it, just make sure that none of the class names that it inherits from are listed in R3FLOG. This might require you to specifically whitelist the other static weapons, instead of using the high level class name already there.
  • Offline Animatek
  • SNET Admin
  • First Blood
  • Editor de Profesión - ArmA III Admin from Cuba

« Reply #4 posted: Feb 13, 2019, 08:22 PM »
Did you try to put
Code: [Select]
[this] call A3W_fnc_setupMissionObject in the object's init?
Soy administrador de ArmA III en una intranet en Cuba. No tengo experiencia en códigos ni programación, pero con ayuda he logrado un servicio eficiente y duradero, todo offline y sin internet.
  • Offline Sp4wN7
  • Fresh Spawn
  • mercgeist.com

« Reply #5 posted: Feb 15, 2019, 02:47 AM »
I can't seem to get it to work. Here is my github mission file link: https://github.com/Sp4wN7/Mercgeist.Stratis/tree/master/Mercgeist.Stratis

Any help would be much appreciated!

« Reply #6 posted: Feb 15, 2019, 09:01 PM »
Spawn how you placing the objects on the map?