3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

• Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

Cold War Germany DLC

« posted: Apr 19, 2019, 10:46 PM »
EDIT: The DLC will not be added to A3W.

So there's a new DLC, includes a new map called Weferlingen, which is 50% bigger than Altis and comes in summer and winters variants, a few tanks, APCs, trucks, cars, a motorcycle, about a dozen new weapons, etc.

Price is 19.99 € / 22.99 $ / 16.99 £

Unlike previous DLCs, its assets are not pre-installed with Arma 3, so everyone joining a server that has the new stuff must have purchased the DLC.

I just wanted to gauge the demand for the new content with a poll, since I would have to buy it myself and porting A3W to a new map takes an entire weekend of work.
  • Offline Animatek
  • SNET Admin
  • First Blood
  • Editor de Profesión - ArmA III Admin from Cuba

Re: Cold War Germany DLC

« Reply #1 posted: Apr 23, 2019, 04:43 AM »
I think doing a whole dedicated A3Wasteland is a lot of work for a DLC that is not "native" to the vanilla version of ArmA 3, which has been the essence of this mod (I mean A3Wasteland) from the beginning.
However, there will be those who do want or need it, and if you are happy to do so, many will be those who will appreciate this work.
Soy administrador de ArmA III en una intranet en Cuba. No tengo experiencia en códigos ni programación, pero con ayuda he logrado un servicio eficiente y duradero, todo offline y sin internet.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #2 posted: Apr 23, 2019, 06:06 AM »
You guys managed to get the DLCs working in Cuba?

« Reply #3 posted: Apr 23, 2019, 09:40 AM »
I'm really dubious about this DLC. On one hand, new stuff, and bigger map, YAY! On the other, Arma's player base has shunk so much, I'm not sure if it can sustain anything that requires the DLC.

« Reply #4 posted: May 02, 2019, 02:36 PM »
You guys managed to get the DLCs working in Cuba?
We haven't bouhgt it yet, but i'm sure we can get it working when we get it from steam(we need original files first), them we will give a working copy to our users(Cuba). Greeting to my mate @Animatek. We are waiting the new content and map be included in a3wasteland and for collecting money amoung all users to get the new dlc.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #5 posted: May 02, 2019, 08:00 PM »
Ok so now that the DLC is out, people who bought it are saying it's basically just a paid mod. You have to activate it thru the Arma Launcher like other mods.

The appeal of previous DLCs is that they integrated seamlessly without having to mess with the goddamn mod config.

Therefore, I do not recommend buying this DLC and I have no plans to add its contents to A3W.

If you really want new content and are prepared to deal with all the usual problems involving a modded server, there are plenty of free mods and maps out there which are way better.

« Reply #6 posted: May 02, 2019, 11:33 PM »
Ok so now that the DLC is out, people who bought it are saying it's basically just a paid mod. You have to activate it thru the Arma Launcher like other mods.

The appeal of previous DLCs is that they integrated seamlessly without having to mess with the goddamn mod config.

Therefore, I do not recommend buying this DLC and I have no plans to add its contents to A3W.

If you really want new content and are prepared to deal with all the usual problems involving a modded server, there are plenty of free mods and maps out there which are way better.
Thanks for the advise!

« Reply #7 posted: May 13, 2019, 10:21 PM »
I paid for it (sadly) and is amazed about how many bugs it comes with and poorly designed objects and buildings.  Others might like it but I am really disappointed about the quality and why they would back such a project that pretty much just looks like the highly popular RHS mod.

4/10 at best.