extDB3 - struggling

extDB3 - struggling

« posted: May 13, 2019, 09:28 AM »
I have had about a dozen goes at getting extB3 up and running but while i think i now have mySQL passwords and database names etc all matching now getting an error as follows.

Outdated A3Wasteland DB v2 - minimum: v2.07 - Check <a href='https://github.com/A3Wasteland/Release_Files/tree/master/extDB'>Release_Files</a> on GitHub to get the latest version"

The script run on the server is the latest down loaded from the Agent Rev release files 2.07. The entire mission is branched from A3Wasteland 1.4D.

As per the instructions i believe i have followed the steps on the release pack to a t. Several times but just cant seem to crack it.

I see the step in sqf that generates the code for the above error message, so can only accept that the getDBVersion call is responding with something less than 2.07. However the 2.07 script was used to generate the database for sure.

My other suspicion is when i access the server via phpMyAdmin, i find that access to database 'a3wasteland' is denied, nor can i create a database a3wasteland. Have tried the service provider, they said they would do the install for me but that went backwards. I can see the schema which is created by the script, but the database does not have the a3wasteland name. So in the a3wasteland.ini file i have made the database name match what it appears as on the mySQL admin screen. Login details should all be good.

If anyone has been caught in this same loop and you escaped, let me know, else i will persevere. Definition of insanity approaching, doing the same thing over again and expecting a different outcome.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

Re: extDB3 - struggling

« Reply #1 posted: May 13, 2019, 10:41 PM »
The first step would be to confirm that the first row of the dbinfo table contains 2.07 as Value. Can you check that?

Re: extDB3 - struggling

« Reply #2 posted: May 16, 2019, 07:49 AM »
Have checked the dbInfo table. There were no details at all in the table. So i took the information from the bottom of the SQL script and manually entered the "Version" and "2.07".

Appears to load now. For some reason the server was blocking the Insert function. We will now see how many other functions get blocked along the way. Thanks for the pointer.