It's getting ugly out there, is this signs of the tide rolling out

There's a server I just seen recently that uses CGC in it's title but then when you join it's all CCG in the messages and what not. They did change the old CCG logo to show CGC. But either way their clearly just ripping previous successful servers without any regard. It's nearly sickening to see how petty people have become here with the overall player population dwindling. People literally copying/downloading BIB or A3Armory mission and then renamed a few things in order to call it their own "custom" mission and obfuscate it. Removing any credits in the loading image for A3Wasteland or AgentRev. It's pretty simple, nobody gives a fuck anymore. Unfortunately I think the gears are winding down to this being like a niche game now more than anything. It would be nice to find a well balanced server and not one that is just full of admins who TP players when they request, manipulate game play. It was fun while it lasted, I'm grateful for the countless hours of fun and rage A3Wasteland has provided to me. But besides the complications of life, I just have kinda lost interests really at this point. Good servers are pretty much non-existent and the good ones that are average like 6 players. Some enjoy simply grinding and doing missions but for me I need to option of PVP available. Maybe when Arma 4 comes out, we can do it all over again.
  • Offline Sp4wN7
  • Geared Up
  • mercgeist.com

Re: It's getting ugly out there, is this signs of the tide rolling out

« Reply #1 posted: Oct 20, 2019, 09:10 PM »
Come over to Mercgeist. We’ve got a smaller population, but really good players. Only two admins who do play on server, but not to gear towards anyone’s advantage. Come check it out! May good games late ahead for you!

« Reply #2 posted: Oct 20, 2019, 10:34 PM »
I just want to lay it down for now bud. Sit back and see if Arma 4 comes to fruit and how bad BIS is going to fuck it up.
  • Offline Sp4wN7
  • Geared Up
  • mercgeist.com

« Reply #3 posted: Oct 22, 2019, 04:57 PM »
I keep the A3Wasteland feel, but edited the Stratis map to include more towns on the choke points and some important coastal areas. Added a narcotics based economy as well with some of the missions spitting out drugs. Got some halo jump points, and some off the radar gun stores. I keep the element of having to actually go grab gear in it as I think some servers are really going away from the wasteland aspect by having "virtual armories" and the like. It starts becoming too mechanical, and there isn't an emphasis on taking strategic areas with the right shops, limits teamwork needed etc... So yeah I'd say there are servers out there keeping it real. You've obviously had some bad experiences, but I wouldn't limit your opinion based on a server or two.