Players Spawning on South Island

Players Spawning on South Island

« posted: Aug 17, 2014, 08:20 AM »
I seem to be having a problem where some players are spawning on the south island where in the editor all the player positions are. Not all players will spawn here, but some do and I can't figure out why. The players that do spawn there are reporting that they are not getting the respawn dialog selection screen.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

Re: Players Spawning on South Island

« Reply #1 posted: Aug 17, 2014, 07:04 PM »
Ask them to send their RPT logs located at "%LocalAppData%\Arma 3", otherwise I can't help.

Also, do you think you could update your mission? Just grab the new files and use your mission.sqm and playerSetupGear.sqf as usual.

« Reply #2 posted: Aug 17, 2014, 10:07 PM »
I have been updating my mission pretty regularly. Unfortunately I can really only do it once a week as I have a busy schedule. I'll do the update now. I have been having some... user error issues keeping GitHub for Windows updated with the repo so I just download every new repo as a zip every week or so.

« Reply #3 posted: Aug 17, 2014, 11:13 PM »
Ahahahaha, so I teleported down to the spawn island and it turns out that most of the "people" on spawn island are actually NPC's for some reason, I think I can fix this problem myself. I guess people are getting killed by the 3 or 4 NPC's while they are in the spawn dialog screen and it gets messed up.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #4 posted: Aug 18, 2014, 02:31 AM »
I think you placed the GitHub zip file inside the PBO by mistake. Also, it seems you installed custom weapon mods on the server, which will not work correctly unless you force all players to go download and install the same weapon mods before joining the server.

« Reply #5 posted: Aug 18, 2014, 03:16 AM »
I did mistakenly place the .zip in the pbo however I do not recall or think I have installed any custom weapons mods. That is strange.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #6 posted: Aug 18, 2014, 04:06 AM »
It said something like "CfgMagazines\30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_G36" not found