New MarkMods A3Wasteland issues

New MarkMods A3Wasteland issues

« posted: Aug 28, 2014, 01:56 AM »
So I have been trying to get my server up and running with the most recent version of Stratis with full base/vehicle/atm saves.

I THINK I have everything proper on the server but for some reason it just sits at 'Creating' when I try to connect to the server. It never loads the map it looks like. I have even loaded a fresh stable Altis Wasteland PBO from the repo and it does not load either.

I am confused about the A3Wasteland_Settings folder and the iniDBI integration as well. Do I need to run the server with -mod=@inidbi as well? Do I need the @inidbi addon as well as the A3Wasteland saving pack? Everything in regards to that is confusing as hell.

The revive beta has a completely new settings file compared to A3Wasteland_Settings that is uploaded. I can't make sense of all the different sources and suggestions on these forums anymore.

I have direct FTP access to my server. My CFG below.

Code: [Select]
// GLOBAL SETTINGS
hostname         = "oneshots ARMA 3 Wasteland - $710 Cash / Full Saves!";   // As seen in the Gemspy Browser
password         = "";    // Comment out if no password required
passwordAdmin    = "";          // Password to become server admin.
reportingIP = "arma3pc.master.gamespy.com";
VerifySignatures = 0;  // Important security setting

// WELCOME MESSAGE ("message of the day")
// It can be several lines, separated by comma
// Empty messages "" will not be displayed at all but are only for increasing the interval

motd[] = {
    "Welcome to a MarkMods.com hosted game server"
};
motdInterval = ;              // Time interval (in seconds) between each message

// JOINING RULES

maxPlayers = 60; // Maximum amount of players.

// VOTING
voteMissionPlayers = 1;    // Tells the server how many people must connect so that it displays the mission selection screen.
voteThreshold          = 0.33; // 33% or more players need to vote for something, for example an admin, new map

// INGAME SETTINGS
disableVoN          = 0; // If set to 1, Voice over Net will not be available
vonCodecQuality      = 8; // Quality from 1 to 10
persistent          = 1; // If 1, missions still runs on even after the last player disconnected.

steamPort=9403;

steamQueryPort=9303;

BattlEye=1;

class Missions
{
class Mission1
{
template='A3Wasteland_v0.9g.Altis';
difficulty='Regular';
};
};

I have the fresh .PBO in the MPMissions folder on the FTP.

Is the shortcut tags. I have tried it with -mod=@inidbi as well and it makes no difference.

Code: [Select]
-server -config=MarkMods.cfg -nosound -nosplash -ip=%hostip% -port=%port% -netlog -profiles=%basedir%Profiles/%port% -BEpath=%basedir%BattlEye -mod=

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: New MarkMods A3Wasteland issues

« Reply #1 posted: Aug 28, 2014, 03:38 AM »
hahaha wow. It turns out MarkMods has a typo in their FAQ. It should be " not ' in the Mission config section. I fixed that typo and also the .Altis addition and now my server is working completely with full saves.