Arma 3 Wasteland MYSQL Database

Arma 3 Wasteland MYSQL Database

« posted: Sep 30, 2014, 08:23 PM »
Is it possible to switch the wasteland database to a MySQL database.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

Re: Arma 3 Wasteland MYSQL Database

« Reply #2 posted: Oct 01, 2014, 08:08 PM »
Is it insanely hard to set this up?
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #3 posted: Oct 01, 2014, 08:15 PM »
Is it insanely hard to set this up?

Unfortunately, yes.
  • Offline lodac
  • Hardened
  • TOP Arma Server Admin

« Reply #4 posted: Oct 01, 2014, 08:22 PM »
I don't think it is insanely hard. It is no small task for anyone, unless you happen to know everything or have a lot of experience with it.

I do not have the time to devote to it, as I have devoted most, and more than I have ever planned, on small things within our small customization. Without the community doing it for us or helping with direction, I spend corpus amount of hours scripting in arma. And let's be frank, my level of knowledge is at a noob level.

Where I excel, is the network and server infrastructure setups and along with ideas of concepts to engage PvP, and sometimes I'm a little off the wall. 

I do know, if someone was to tackle this task, we have experience of mysql/php backend setup for anything we want to display or manage. Getting that connector up, will allow for an endless possibility of expanding the future scoreboard to keep stats for whatever we desire. Not only that, we could work towards a community hive system, along with, I believe, altering the mission from the database on the fly.

We've tried to engage all of the developers that have the ability to accomplish it, however they have their own agendas, and rightly so. TOP Arma's stance in our view of the community is too have it self sustainable. We are struggling to make that happen currently, because we don't have a set of coders bending over backwards for a community that demands so much from an already over worked Rev, which turns from a hobby to a thankless job.

That would be a short synopsis of one of the issues we face.

TOPArma Mission - Share your mission on GitHub
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #5 posted: Oct 01, 2014, 08:37 PM »
The #1 issue is converting SQL data to an SQF array, and #2 is converting SQF arrays to SQL data.
The rest is pretty much a piece of cake.

« Reply #6 posted: Oct 11, 2014, 03:25 PM »
Is it possible that in the future you could make it a standard for wasteland to use it's database with MySQL.

« Reply #7 posted: Oct 11, 2014, 03:32 PM »
 there is lots of active development happening concerning making database integration possible done by torndeco. the code will get to testing soon and if all goes well will be available to server administrators in near future.
  • Offline micovery
  • Hardened

« Reply #8 posted: Oct 12, 2014, 10:29 AM »
Is it possible that in the future you could make it a standard for wasteland to use it's database with MySQL.

Take a look here:

http://forums.a3wasteland.com/index.php?topic=565.msg3468#msg3468

I've ported Wasteland Altis to use https://www.npmjs.org/package/sock-rpc-stats

You can use MySQL, or any of the other supported storage systems.