How-to: Zeus Addon

How-to: Zeus Addon

« posted: Oct 06, 2014, 12:45 PM »
As I keep getting contacted by server administrators on how to implement zeus in A3Wasteland I created instructions on how to do this:
https://github.com/wiking-at/Zeus-Addon-A3Wasteland

I haven't tested the tutorial  so if it isn't working for you (or if you are successful) please let me know.
  • Offline Silver
  • Fresh Spawn

Re: How-to: Zeus Addon

« Reply #1 posted: Oct 15, 2014, 09:51 PM »
I followed the guide step by step but I used the newest version of A3Wasteland Stratis (V0.9h) and I can not get it to work  :-[ . There is no side "Logical" to choose in the lobby and with battleye on I get kicked for MP Event Handler #0 :
Code: [Select]
15.10.2014 21:29:27: MyName (7.xx.xxx.xxx:2316) 4xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - #0 "Engine" 2:3 I_medic_F - "[_this,"bis_fnc_curatorrespawn",false] call bis_fnc_mp;"
Hope you can help and thanks for creating this addon :) .
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #2 posted: Oct 15, 2014, 10:16 PM »
Unfortunately, there are many security measures in v0.9h that prevent Zeus usage. It will probably take a couple days to find out all the clinks and clanks that conflict with the antihack and BattlEye filters. I can already say that to use Zeus correctly, you will have to edit createVehicle.txt and mpEventHandler.txt to change all the 7's to 1's. Also, there will probably be some stuff to add to the whitelist from filterExecAttempt.sqf.
  • Offline Silver
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #3 posted: Oct 16, 2014, 09:08 PM »
Unfortunately, there are many security measures in v0.9h that prevent Zeus usage. It will probably take a couple days to find out all the clinks and clanks that conflict with the antihack and BattlEye filters. I can already say that to use Zeus correctly, you will have to edit createVehicle.txt and mpEventHandler.txt to change all the 7's to 1's. Also, there will probably be some stuff to add to the whitelist from filterExecAttempt.sqf.

Ok, I finally got it to work/most things are working. I'm not getting kicked by Battleye anymore thanks to your advice :) . But I still have a few questions:

1. Does someone have any idea why the Zeus Lightning, Time and Wheater changing and music module is not working? I just place down the module and it stays there and nothing happens. (I already edited createVehicle.txt and mpEventHandler.txt like you said)

2. It's still creating a player with no gear and god mode and I can choose between him and Zeus with the Zeus activation key although I only placed a virtual entity and no player in the editor and set "Forced Interface" to enabled..

Both things are not very important for me, I just placed the player that is created on an island. But it would be nice if I could at least make him invisible :) .

Thanks for any help guys :)

« Reply #4 posted: Oct 16, 2014, 09:29 PM »
i haven't played around with it so far. would be cool if you can update this thread or comment the git with what have to be changed for 0.9h.

you maybe could use a slot with disabled rendering like for the hc slot to hide the player.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #5 posted: Oct 16, 2014, 09:38 PM »
The time and weather are all enforced by server-side scripts to prevent hackers from constantly triggering nighttime and thunderstorms, which happened very often in the past.
  • Offline Silver
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #6 posted: Oct 16, 2014, 10:13 PM »
i haven't played around with it so far. would be cool if you can update this thread or comment the git with what have to be changed for 0.9h.

you maybe could use a slot with disabled rendering like for the hc slot to hide the player.

Ok, I'll see what I can do, I am really new to this and have to learn a lot :)

The time and weather are all enforced by server-side scripts to prevent hackers from constantly triggering nighttime and thunderstorms, which happened very often in the past.

Alright, are music and lightning bolts also blocked by the anti-hack? (other sounds like the combat one where you can hear shooting and so on are working)
Like I said, not that important for me but it would be nice for the atmosphere ;)
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #7 posted: Oct 16, 2014, 10:26 PM »
Alright, are music and lightning bolts also blocked by the anti-hack? (other sounds like the combat one where you can hear shooting and so on are working)
Like I said, not that important for me but it would be nice for the atmosphere ;)

You should try to search your RPT logs for "blocked remote execution", it will give you clues on what needs to be whitelisted in filterExecAttempt.sqf for those to work.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #8 posted: Oct 17, 2014, 05:30 AM »
Here's a code snippet to whitelist all Zeus network functions:
https://gist.github.com/AgentRev/53ee67d44ae93e1fa1e5/revisions
  • Offline Silver
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #9 posted: Oct 17, 2014, 02:39 PM »
Nice, thank you. But I still had to put this:
"BIS_fnc_moduleLightning",to the whitelist for correctly working lightning strikes and if I change the wheater I still see this in RPT logs:
2014/10/17, 15:46:35 "ANTI-HACK: Blocked remote execution: params=["BIS_fnc_moduleWeather",-2,false,false] args=[L Environment:1 REMOTE,[],true]"
What can I do to remove all Game Logic objects from the editable objects?
wiking.at created this script to give zeus access to the objects placed by wasteland:
https://github.com/wiking-at/Zeus-Addon-A3Wasteland/blob/master/addons/zeus/zeus.sqf

For example: I don't want that a zeus can delete the stores, so I put this to the zeus.sqf:

Module_Zeus1 removeCuratorEditableObjects [[GenStore1],true];
Module_Zeus2 removeCuratorEditableObjects [[GenStore1],true];
Module_Zeus3 removeCuratorEditableObjects [[GenStore1],true];
But that's a lot of code if I do it like this for every store. So how can I just remove all Game Logic objects?

EDIT#1:
Ok, I know how to do it :D :
{
if ((side _x) == sideLogic) then
{
        Module_Zeus1 removeCuratorEditableObjects [[_x],true];
Module_Zeus2 removeCuratorEditableObjects [[_x],true];
Module_Zeus3 removeCuratorEditableObjects [[_x],true];
};

}foreach (allMissionObjects "All");
Or is there a better way?

« Reply #10 posted: Oct 18, 2014, 01:43 PM »
Thanks Agentrev for the filter exclusion file. Added the link to the How-To Gist.

@silver:
Was there anything else to do besides the filter exclusion? (i currently don't run zeus on our server)
  • Offline Silver
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #11 posted: Oct 18, 2014, 02:30 PM »
Thanks Agentrev for the filter exclusion file. Added the link to the How-To Gist.

@silver:
Was there anything else to do besides the filter exclusion? (i currently don't run zeus on our server)

You have to do some changes in your Battleye filters too:
I can already say that to use Zeus correctly, you will have to edit createVehicle.txt and mpEventHandler.txt to change all the 7's to 1's.

I put this to the curator objects in mission.sqm to make the created npc charakters invisible and not controlable:
init="this hideObject true; this allowDamage false; this enableSimulation false";
And I added this to your "addons/zeus/zeus.sqf" because I think there is no reason for a zeus to be allowed to delete the stores(I accidentally did that a couple times :D ):
//remove Game Logic objects (like stores) from editable objects
{
if ((side _x) == sideLogic) then
{
        Module_Zeus1 removeCuratorEditableObjects [[_x],true];
Module_Zeus2 removeCuratorEditableObjects [[_x],true];
Module_Zeus3 removeCuratorEditableObjects [[_x],true];
};

}foreach (allMissionObjects "All");

And I don't know why but I think the modified filterExecAttempt.sqf by AgentRev is not correctly working for me, I still had to add some functions to the whitelist manually..
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

« Reply #12 posted: Oct 23, 2014, 11:40 AM »

Is there a way to whitelist the createvehicle createunit for Zeus without disabling the anti-hack part for scriptkiddies?
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #13 posted: Oct 23, 2014, 11:44 AM »
Is there a way to whitelist the createvehicle createunit for Zeus without disabling the anti-hack part for scriptkiddies?

Nope, it's everything or nothing.
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

« Reply #14 posted: Oct 23, 2014, 11:48 AM »

Nope, it's everything or nothing.
Ok thanks for the info.
Zeus however is a good addon to clean up your server from leftover objects and vehicles.